Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   29scarab goes to...........Iraq (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80679-29scarab-goes-iraq.html)

TalkOffshore 06-08-2004 05:46 PM

Re: 29scarab goes to...........Iraq

If you guys need copies of the shows let me know. I'll either burn them or get you a link to play them.

Drew, Kell, Ted and Martin

BRUCE SEROFF 06-08-2004 08:28 PM

WOW!!!! you got balls and my respect. I sure hope the money is good. And hopefully, you'll get that TG when you get home. Or some time soon anyway.

Good luck.... stay alert ...be safe

29scarab 06-08-2004 10:47 PM

Thanks for the posts gang!

Its wednesday right now. Suppose to head to the site today. Only time I get nervous is in traffic. Seems thats when the camel jockeys want to do stupid **** like car bombs. I'll pull the digitel camera out and post some pics of stuff over here when I get a chance .

And thanks again!!

Shawn

Jana 06-09-2004 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by 29scarab
Thanks for the posts!!

Hey JANA! Hows the Fountain running? Had much time on the lake this summer?

Nice and warm about 109 today!!!!!

The Fountain is being a problem child. Last year was the rebuild due to a failed head gasket, and she's been in and out of the shop this spring for various things - carb rebuild, new ignition parts. Seems she may have bad fuel in the tank or something because she still wasn't right last weekend. Poker Run is in two weeks - better be right by then!

Be careful over there!

Half Fast 06-09-2004 08:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
29 Scarab, Attached is a pic of your new home taken from the blown up traffic bridge over here at our job site. I hope your side of the tracks is nicer than ours! Keep your kevlar handy, lots of incoming attacks lately. Our job is winding down over here. Maybe only another month or two. I have been here since late January and I'm ready to get home and spend some quality time with the boat on Lake Travis. Ciao!

29scarab 06-10-2004 03:21 AM

Jana

Sorry to hear about the engine. Hope you get it resolved sooon. Too much summer left.

Half fast,

I'm at the Odebrecht camp right down from you. It looks like I have walked into a mess over here. Waiting for the chore of engineers to release assesment paper work so we can start. But once thats over with we will have 2 shifts working non stop until both the last 2 turbins are built. I neeed to get a hold of you when I get back. I know me and the finacee are going to take a little time off to play. Travis sounds pretty good to me!!

Shawn

ofshore 06-10-2004 06:28 AM

Good luck 29scarab and never let your guard down, hopefully you come home safe.

Downtown42 06-10-2004 07:35 AM

Hey, let's open a performance boat dealership over there. Maybe them mean towel heads need some fun in the sun. Might be hard to get the babes to wear thongs.

Good luck.

Half Fast 06-10-2004 11:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
29 Scarab, Here are a couple pictures of what the Tigris river looked like yesterday morning. Saboteurs blew up an oil pipeline that feeds the refinery and the flaming oil spilled down into the river and floated away toward Tikrit. It put a crimp in the boating for a few hours. Did you get here before or after this marshmellow roast?

Downtown42 06-10-2004 11:37 AM

Holy Balls. One may have a bit more transom soot on that run