Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Homeland Security launches new Performance boat!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80746-homeland-security-launches-new-performance-boat.html)

Strip Poker 388 07-08-2004 10:33 PM

Re: Homeland Security launches new Performance boat!!

Skippy :rolleyes:

abolfaz 11-08-2005 11:46 PM

Priceless, nice tow vehicle though...

Back4More 11-09-2005 12:23 AM

At least the Outboards were trimmed up. :cool:

Anarchy Powerboats 11-09-2005 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I ALWAYS left my winch hook hitched until the boat was beginning to float. Now, that I have a step bottom, I do not think the boat is going to climb over the step on the trailer, but I still wait until the boat is touching the water before I un-latch... or at least I have so far.

Ditto, but I fire up and idle for at least 2 min b4 I give the signal to my boat ***** to unhook.

ratman 11-09-2005 02:25 AM

Ditto, but I fire up and idle for at least 2 min b4 I give the signal to my boat ***** to unhook.
what no faith in your engines? lol

The Menace 11-09-2005 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by rainmn
How much of our tax $$$ do you think they will say it cost to fix the damage the idiots did to the boat?

They don't care what it costs as long as you can dig deeper into your pocket. :D

satisfactionII 11-09-2005 09:45 AM

TGD . Typical Gov't Deal

sleeper_dave 11-09-2005 09:55 AM

I always back the boat into the water before unhooking, and i always hook it up before i pull it out. Saw a guy with rollers on the trailer do that this year. We had him back the trailer into the boat and push it on the concrete the last 10 feet to the water. left a nice line of fiberglass powder on the ramp. got it in the water and he went for a ride, though. didn't appear to be taking on water.

Wobble 11-09-2005 10:08 AM

Happened to the one and only time I let a neighbour pull me out. He claims he hooked the strap to the eye. If it hadn't been for about 20 people yelling at him he would have pulled the trailer clean out from under the boat :eek: . It ended up balanced on the outdrive skeg.

With about 8 guys and a come-along we managed to get the nose down to where the OD was a few inches off the ground and backed it back in.

Amazingly there was no damage. Not something you want to do with a 29 footer.

Being as it was July 4th, I should have known he was trashed.

Bobthebuilder 11-10-2005 06:33 PM

Looks good on them. Two weeks ago we sent a convoy of 150 Ontario Hyrdo workers and a fleet of trucks to south east Florida to help out with the Wilma situation and they held them up at the border going over the trucks and documents with a fine tooth comb for 7 hours!!! Unbelievable.