Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thought it was going to be a great weekend (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80747-thought-going-great-weekend.html)

batty 06-07-2004 10:27 AM

Thought it was going to be a great weekend

It was a great day for boating on friday had the boat in the water and it was running great came off plane in the maumee river and hear this clunking grinding sound from the back of the boat./ thought oh great I just lost a tranny. well I limped to the docks onthe river with the side not making noise. raised the drives and noticed the bearing cap is cracked at the bolts. :mad:
pulled the boat out of thew water and took the top cap off the drive and found that the outer bearing is shot and about 3 or 4 teeth on the gear have been sheared off. this suck being the second time I had it out this year.

Any one know a place in NW ohio or SE mich. to take this?.

props have a few dents in them so I wonder if I hit something.

thanks Brad

Dwane 06-07-2004 10:35 AM

Re: Thought it was going to be a great weekend

Try Kunkels Marine 419-529-4446

batty 06-07-2004 10:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is a pic of the drive

ofshore 06-07-2004 11:56 AM

That sucks! :(

How is the river brad, is there quite a bit of debris floating around? We were out around Monroe on sunday and almost hit about a 4' piece of telephone pole that was floating about 5 miles out, that would not have been pretty.

glassdave 06-07-2004 12:53 PM

batty- go to Duberts in port clinton. give me a call (419-461-1484) if you need the # i can find it around here somewhere. saw you heading out of LP on friday night. we were cleaning the cat for the poker run on saturday. what is your dock # out there i have been out there quite a bit lately. good luck let me know.

ofshore- i saw a big ass tree floating out there just off woodtick. hiting that telephone pole would have sucked for sure.

batty 06-08-2004 03:44 PM

ofshore the river does have alot of floaters in it the occasional tree branch but nothing too bad was worried about driving at night though.

dave Thanks I will give you a call tomarrow for that # if you still have it. I'd like to get this fixed asap. I think the ins. is going to pick up the tab. depending on what the price to fix it is.
Im at dock# 720 on the side by the lake. Im usually out there every night trying to get my lab pup used to the water :rolleyes: next time your there stop by for a beer

Formula Outlaw 06-08-2004 03:47 PM

Ouch, that hurts. Not gonna be cheap either.

At least you are safe and sound. The way this year has started out, we all need to remember, being safe is what's important.

Madcow 06-08-2004 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by ofshore
That sucks! :(

How is the river brad, is there quite a bit of debris floating around? We were out around Monroe on sunday and almost hit about a 4' piece of telephone pole that was floating about 5 miles out, that would not have been pretty.

I took a chunk about the size of a quarter out of the bottom of mine this weekend. Hello Dave?

CBR 06-08-2004 11:56 PM

Hey Madcow, do you get a little black chip out on the bottom when you "take a chunk out" of the bottom? That is what happends to my Sonic 30ss, wondered if the quarter sized chink looks similar on your boat. Figured I must have bounced off a coconut off Miami.

CBR

Madcow 06-09-2004 04:15 PM

It's a chunk out of the gelcoat. It's close to the bow, so it mite be from the propwash off the pontoon boat.