Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
We are Woman hear us roar! With big power! >

We are Woman hear us roar! With big power!

Notices

We are Woman hear us roar! With big power!

Old 06-09-2004, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: We are Woman hear us roar! With big power!

Originally Posted by Audiofn
OK STOP RIGHT THERE!!!! LETS NOT GET CARRIED AWAY!!!! Sorry Nort

Wasabe I wish my wife was more like you. I have been trying to get her to drive the boats for the very reason you have said above. They may very well come a time that Jeff may get hurt and you may be the only one on board to help him, OR there may be a time that some one has to much to drink and you are the only sober person. My wife is fine driving as long as the water is flat but as soon as it gets rough she will not drive. So basically as I start to have fun she is in tears and I have to drop her off and go out myself I got her a Donzi this year and hope that she starts to learn how to drive it.

Jon

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Hallelujah!

All I can say is you better be nice because there might be a time when we have to tow someone's sorry butt in. I will help with a freacking huge smile on my face a blast OSO with tons of pics. *I will live for that day*
Old 06-09-2004, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=C_Spray]Careful, fellas. The first time I met Wasabe, she was sporting a shirt that said "I make boys cry", and I believe it.

any pics of her?
Old 06-09-2004, 10:21 PM
John NY

Originally Posted by Wasabe
All I can say is you better be nice because there might be a time when we have to tow someone's sorry butt in. I will help with a freacking huge smile on my face a blast OSO with tons of pics. *I will live for that day*
Anyone who has been boating for an extended period of time you can pretty much guarantee have been at both ends of towing a boat in - doing the towing and being towed. I know I have. You may not want to rub anyone's nose in that because at some point you'll be on the other end of the tow.

Maybe you should shoot for something a little higher?

If you feel you need to put someone in there place I'd be looking more towards burying them running flat out then towing them in when they broke.

John

Old 06-09-2004, 10:48 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=mobilecal]
Originally Posted by C_Spray
Careful, fellas. The first time I met Wasabe, she was sporting a shirt that said "I make boys cry", and I believe it.

any pics of her?
Dude! All over the board.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=80760
Old 06-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by John NY
Anyone who has been boating for an extended period of time you can pretty much guarantee have been at both ends of towing a boat in - doing the towing and being towed. I know I have. You may not want to rub anyone's nose in that because at some point you'll be on the other end of the tow.

Maybe you should shoot for something a little higher?

If you feel you need to put someone in there place I'd be looking more towards burying them running flat out then towing them in when they broke.

John
I don't want to race. I just want to be the best darn boat companion.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

wasabe,
will you marry me? i never meet one girl who ever wanted to be the best boat companion. i think you are not human. do you have a sister?
Old 06-10-2004, 12:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by yesrej
wasabe,
will you marry me? i never meet one girl who ever wanted to be the best boat companion. i think you are not human. do you have a sister?
I have a younger brother and one day I'll be ready for marriage. Just not anytime soon

I'll keep you posted if that changes. Just have to ask Jeffery first.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 43Thunder
I will add to what Bill has said (and next time I told him I would be more than happy to get in there, just tell my what to do and what I am looking at...the only way to learn, RIGHT!!??)

... it is true that I have learned a lot over the past seven years of boating. Bought my first boat in 1997, a 1997 Baja 240 Sport. This was the best thing I ever did! Then went with the 1988 41 Sonic...not the best decision I ever made (the situation not the boat) and learned a lot then as well. I have been able to diagnose a few simple things (including a time when my ex- tried to sabatoge the boat so I couldn't go out...taught him!). I have learned how to change the oil and changed the drive oil in the TSR drives myself (with a friend watching and directing me). That had to be the messiest I have ever been....drive oil from finger tips to elbows. But I would not give up that experience for anything.

The best advice I have, since there is no "classes" that women can take, all I do is watch, listen, learn, and help with tools (and keep the tools from being thrown in the water). This doesn't sound like much but Bill will explain to me what went wrong and why, how it works, and then what has to be done to fix it. I just become a sponge and think I have picked up a lot over the years...first with the Sonic, then the Black Thunder and now the Fountain. I may not be able to get very techincal with most guys, but I am pretty sure I know a lot more than most women. I love to drive and dock the boat but am still working with the Fountain...haven't mastered the inward turning prop yet...doesn't spin like the Sonic did. And Bill and I share the responsibility of getting the boat on the trailer.

I don't mean to be long winded but this is a great topic, Wasabe! I wish more guys were like Bill, that will take the time to explain the workings of the engines (and dodads). We are not necessarily just bow ornaments that bring the guys beer and clean up after you. I am just glad that Bill wants me to be a 50/50 partner on the boat.

Thanks for listening to this one female boaters opinion.
Patti
Thank you sooooooooo much Patti. I have been watching and have been very inquisitive to the point of annoyance and I figured I would expand my interest to everyone here. That's what OSO is for.

We don't go often. So the learning is minimal.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wasabe
We don't go often. So the learning is minimal.

Hence the title bestowed: King Poodle
Old 06-10-2004, 01:03 AM
Registered

Ha ha ha isn't it past your bed time

Quick Reply: We are Woman hear us roar! With big power!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.