If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    1998 Powerplay 25
    Miami, FL

Foam in LOTO.... Careful.....

My Boats:
    2000 Baja 36 Outlaw
    Hawthorn Woods IL

Re: Foam in LOTO.... Careful.....

The foam is just making a mess of the shorelines. It is rarely out in the middle where boats are running, at least in my trips there. I am glad they are doing something about it because the stuff never really goes away.
    Want your ECU tuned right?? Call Mark at Precision

My Boats:
    champion 181

docks are supposed to have encapsulated by 2008 I believe. Cruisers ripped our old foam to hell so we spent 6 grand for encaps.

Great Story thanks !
    Yes all unencapsulated must be gone by 2008.
    I just refoamed my old dock last year.Did it myself,man I wanna tell ya that Sh#t is heavy! They want $15 a cubic yard to leave it at Modern Sanitation.Dumpsters are around $400 or so,& if you put foam in them that is ALL you can put in them.No mixed trash. I ended up hauling them back to my home town to the landfill.What a waste!
    I asked the Chamber of Commerce at the lake what they suggested to do with the foam, & they told me to contact some dock companies,they really didn't know.
    I understand the problems of recycling it,its full of water,algae,bugs,bolts etc.
    They better get a handle on a good plan for recycling the stuff or it is going to end up in ditches & 2nd tier lots all over the place!
    Guess you wouldn't really notice it would just look like another set of condos! LOL!