Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The Women of OSO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80901-women-oso.html)

Wasabe 06-08-2004 10:40 PM

The Women of OSO

Should there be a section just for women who want to talk about boats on OSO?

Please be fair. AND NO BASHING!

Reed Jensen 06-08-2004 11:34 PM

Re: The Women of OSO

Sorry... OSO doesn't have a rest room for you girls to go off into and gossip... I guess you'll just have to PM each other... roflmao......... I'm sure you weren't expecting anything less from me?........... :D

robyw1 06-08-2004 11:40 PM

There is already a section for women who want to talk about boats. It is called the General Boating Discussion forum. Why would you want to split it up?

Roby

Wasabe 06-09-2004 12:58 AM

Just a place where women can talk about our experiences and what not.

It just sucks when comments are made and it makes a person feel bad. It's already tough enough for woman to get involved who are not boat ornaments. Or who don't own their own boat.

I don't want to race or be a racer chick.

Some women want to better at other things then just looking good bringing the buoys in or washing the boat in a 2 piece.

I don't mind being an ornament but I would at least like to be a knowledgeable one :D

BatGirl 06-09-2004 02:40 AM

Nahhh, Wasabe, We can hang with the guys without being a Bow Bimbo!
Yeah, You are going to catch some wise ass remarks and there is some chuvinistic men out there, but you have to take the comments and laugh them off.
I found that most men will answer any questions you have and teach you anything you want to know about boats and are happy to do so. I have found that most are facinated by a female who wants to learn more about boats, engines, props, drives, etc, than some bimbo in a bikini. If you are hot and want to learn , thats a plus! Which you are. There are PLENTY of guys out there that would teach and let you run their boat!!

Ohh Jeffrey watch out! LOL
BG XO

Downtown42 06-09-2004 04:53 AM

sure, own section for gals is fine.

Audiofn 06-09-2004 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Wasabe
Some women want to better at other things then just looking good bringing the buoys in or washing the boat in a 2 piece.

Sorry Wasabe but they are fenders ;);) Buoys mark the channel :D:D

GLH 06-09-2004 06:19 AM

Another dead section.

and shouldn't the choices for men be;
I'm a Man. Yes, you should.
I'm a Man. No, you shouldn't
instead of;
I'm a Man. Yes, we should.
I'm a Man. No, we shouldn't
the "we" entails the guys a broad, and that's just sick... maybe pokedherrungun can interject!

EvilTwin 06-09-2004 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Sorry Wasabe but they are fenders ;);) Buoys mark the channel :D:D

Wow. Wasabe it looks like Audiofn just volunteered to give you your first lesson! :D I think it is great to have a woman want to learn as much about the boating world as possible.

Audiofn,

Is it "fenders" or "bumpers"? HHmmmmmm.... :crazy: :D

Outlawcowgirl 06-09-2004 08:12 AM

Wasabe,
I voted no.
I have actually learned so much from these guys just by reading. The tech section has a ton of good info. I bought the boat early last year and by Sept. I ran it in a Shootout and got third. This is the first boat I have ever owned or ever driven for that matter.
I always want to be involved in what is going on under the hatch and I am not afraid to get in there and help and ask questions.
I am wanting to take a class on BBC engines to learn as much as I can.
I am also not ashamed to be a bumper gal or a rope monkey or whatever name they are calling them this week.
The chat room helped me a lot when I was looking for a boat.
You have to over look the rude comments and let them know you are serious about learning about boats.
You'll do fine!