Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I survived lake cumber(trash)land (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80927-i-survived-lake-cumber-trash-land.html)

Reed Jensen 06-09-2004 04:50 PM

Re: I survived lake cumber(trash)land

1 Attachment(s)
Mr. Hanky says "Greetings from Lake Cumberland".........

CBlakeNS 06-09-2004 05:45 PM

Wow that is pretty trashy!

traviss 06-09-2004 06:17 PM

We go on the houseboat every year or so down there, its always a great time, but I have never seen logs and debries liek that. The family is headed down in the first week, but I am staying home cause ole cumberland doesn't have 110 octane at the docks :eek: :drink: great place to get hammmmered and see nekkid women :D

yzbert. glad to hear you had a good time and didn't break nothing ;)

CigBoat 06-09-2004 06:57 PM

Yep it sucks real bad no one should ever go there! The lake is always dirty and the locals are just the worst! :rolleyes: MiamiVice I would advise you to never go to Lake Cumberland :p

Reed Jensen 06-09-2004 07:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I wanna go.... maybe I can get lucky there.... here's my picture..... :D

yzbert 06-09-2004 08:11 PM

i just wish i would have known that the lake was is this condition in the the spring. we still had a good time, but i was really looking forward to running the lake and it was just not possible. filled the boat with gas before we put in and had to drag a bunch of gas back home. it was cheaper at least.

may a fall trip sometime.

Marginmn 06-09-2004 08:49 PM

Reed Jensen, ROFL!!!! Mr. Hanky - too funny.

Hey Miami VIce, perhaps you can repopulate the Cumberland area with a bunch of your car-Jacking, hip hop loving, cocaine snorting Miami degenerates and get the Murder rate around the Lake Cumberland area up to a respectable level where a smug-ass jerk like yourself would feel more at home by risking your life everytime you walk down the street.

Downtown42 06-09-2004 09:09 PM

Reef, don't you ever give up?? Didn't the Hillside strangler have a restoration shop like you???

Summer Heat, new fountain looks great. is that a 35?

US1 Fountain 06-09-2004 09:24 PM

yzbert, you really need to go back down during the summer. You will see a whole different lake. Looks NOTHING like what you saw.

If you came back with gas,(that just ain't right) you gotta go back. Go during the poker run weekend.

Downtown42 06-09-2004 09:32 PM

Summer, that is 35' saw your other pics.

In 1977, Milw Boat club trailered 9-10 boats to LC and we had a blast. I was 17 and went with the parents. The state park dinner buffets were killer and cheap, like 2.00 each. Wonder if they still have that set up. Anyway's we all had a blast and bringing the girlfriend along gave me something to do when I had the chance. Out in the grass if I remember.

I think there is a state prison on the river that housed killer Ray of Martin Luther King.