Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chesapeake in August ??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/81032-chesapeake-august.html)

HiPerf2000 06-10-2004 03:59 PM

Chesapeake in August ???

Does anyone know of anything going on in the Chesapeake in August ??? I am planning on taking a long weekend in the upper bay area either the First weekend (6th - 9th) or the Last weekend (27th - 30th).

looking to see if any acticities are scheculed for either weekend.

Shah Mat 06-10-2004 04:20 PM

Re: Chesapeake in August ???

Last year there was a race in Cambridge MD on the Bay. Not sure exactly when it was or if it will happen again this year. I hope so, I missed last year.

enticer 06-10-2004 05:46 PM

same answers as on the other board :o)

OldSchool 06-10-2004 06:31 PM

The races are the last weekend in Sept. in Cambridge. You can always just go to Kent Island/RedEyes Dock Bar, every weekend is an adventure there!!!! :drink: :drink: :eek: :D

C_Spray 06-10-2004 08:33 PM

Mark,
Normally, we'd be around, but the one-day NJPPC Atlantic City Poker Run is scheduled for August 7. Don't know about later in the month. Come on down - you'll never run out of places to go or things to see or do. Great boating and great people.

Ted G 06-10-2004 08:38 PM

We have a scheduled party off the Chester River on Aug 21, and there is usually a raft up each weekend informally. Feel free to come over to www.cbpba.com and sign up, we are always happy to welcome new faces :)

The race in Cambridge is the last weekend in September-see my tag line :D

enticer 06-10-2004 08:42 PM

C-Spray........did you get the Formula back in yet? Saw it was not in the rack over Memorial Day weekend. We will be down this weekend to break in the new boat.....just had enough time and weather MD weekend to set up lift and get the boat on it

R Addiction 06-10-2004 09:02 PM

Hi perf, You're going to wait til August?!! You don't know what you're missing! We have Hydroplane racing coming to the Susquehanna in early sept. A Poker Run in August.........Tell us when you're coming down, we'll make sure you have a blast! :drink:

HiPerf2000 06-11-2004 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by R Addiction
Hi perf, You're going to wait til August?!! You don't know what you're missing! We have Hydroplane racing coming to the Susquehanna in early sept. A Poker Run in August.........Tell us when you're coming down, we'll make sure you have a blast! :drink:

"R".......

I'm sure i will be down a couple weekends here or there before August. i'm just trying to plan something so i can maybe do a Thurs - Mon trip......and i need to schedule off work in advance.

Thanks for the advice Chuck !

C_Spray 06-11-2004 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by enticer
C-Spray........did you get the Formula back in yet? Saw it was not in the rack over Memorial Day weekend....

That's because it's back and better than ever (sporting Stellings headers now). It's sitting at a dock in Elizabeth City right now. We ran it down to the Rappahannock on May 22, on to Virginia Beach on May 29, and down into NC on Memorial Day. We're leaving at noon today to finish the trip (down to New Bern on the Neuse River), and then we'll work our way back home from the 22nd to the 27th. Big trip - probably close to 1,000 miles. :eek: