Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Well, she's gone. Is it OK to cry? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/81128-well-shes-gone-ok-cry.html)

buck183 06-11-2004 09:08 PM

Well, she's gone. Is it OK to cry?

2 Attachment(s)
Our boat has officially been delivered to her new owner. This has been a long drawn out process for me. Sell, keep it, sell, keep it, sell and so on. Finally decided to let her go and put ourselves in a position to make a move on the right boat when the time comes.

I've decided that there's a few times in life when it's OK for a grown man to cry....

1) When his dog dies
2) His favorite truck finally quits
3) When he spills his last beer
4) When he gets a flat tire on his house
5) And finally, when he sells his first ever performance boat

I have decided that there are a few good things that are going to come from this sale. She has gone to a wonderful family. I feel REAL good about the people I let have this boat. I have a feeling we have met some new friends in the process. We have put ourselves in position for a new baby in our lives. And finally, I think OSO will have a wonderful new member to enjoy this site. Rick and Daniel are great people. I have a feeling we'll be seeing them on here in the next day or so. Try and welcome them warmly please. ;)

We were initially going to keep our Scarab. I had decided this wasn't a good time financially for us to upgrade boats. I am in the process of expanding my business and need to see where we are going to be financially. I see a lot of people sitting on their boats for months, if not longer while dropping the price to attract a buyer. We have had more calls on this boat than I could ever imagine. I felt we should take advantage of a good qualified buyer so we could turn around and buy again then the time is right.

Attached is a pic of her hooked up to the new owner's truck last night. I can honestly say I feel good about the people that have her now. I think I may have shed a small tear. ;)

Buck

RollWithIt 06-11-2004 10:14 PM

Re: Well, she's gone. Is it OK to cry?

Sorry to hear about your loss there Buck.. I agree with you, I also think that at a time like this, you can go ahead and cry. I have been talking about selling my boat for a while now, but since I got it out of storage, I dont know if I will be able to let go just yet. So I know what you've been going through. Good luck in the search for your next ride. If we ever get together and I got the boat there, you are more than welcome to go for a ride.

buck183 06-11-2004 10:21 PM

Thanks for the offer RWI. I feel the pain easing a little bit with your help. How about a group hug? :D

Buck

Downtown42 06-11-2004 10:32 PM

The good news is you can always get another. That will make you feel better.

Downtown42 06-11-2004 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by buck183
How about a group hug? :D

Buck

sorry, I ain't goin that far :drink:

Reed Jensen 06-11-2004 10:39 PM

You're a cold man DT...... lmao...... :rolleyes:

RollWithIt 06-11-2004 11:08 PM

Group Hug??? Dude, I have my limits. :D

26scarab 06-12-2004 07:00 AM

Congrats Buck,
I know it's a sad moment but just think , when that 37 Outerlimits w/staggered 1000's comes up for sale at the right price you can pounce all over it !!! :D

Now if I could just get rid of mine.

Audiofn 06-12-2004 07:23 AM

1) Aint nothing I can do about the dog. I know many think of me as God but the damn dog is gone.....

2) You can always fix the truck so get out there and look in the other 8 that are in the front yard, burried in the 10 foot high grass and start looking for parts.

3) Ok if you spill your last beer not only is that alcohol abuse but that is truely sad and on this one you can cry.

4) FLAT TIRE ON THE HOUSE!!!! ANY self respecting red neck knows that you have already taken off the tires from the house and put them on the truck..... :D

5) START SHOPPING and when you throttle up the new rig you will forget all about that thing. JUST TELL ME YOU DID NOT LET IT GO WITH THE HAT!!!!!

Dude glad you made the sale there. Time for bigger and better things.

Jon

Cord 06-12-2004 08:02 AM

Here I thought you had just sold your first daughter! :D

Congrats buck on selling her. So what are you shopping for? Can I interest you in a 18' cat? :D

If any members are interested, I provided a link to the new owners thread. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=80900