Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Headed to HAVASU to pick up our new BOAT!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/81234-headed-havasu-pick-up-our-new-boat.html)

SummerObsession 06-14-2004 07:26 AM

Headed to HAVASU to pick up our new BOAT!!

2 Attachment(s)
Jen and I leave for Havasu this thursday.

We're picking up our new (to us) boat!!

After selling the Cig, I didn't know how I could top that boat, we loved every minute of owning it, but I think we may have come close.
We're shifting gears a bit here, but the size and speed of this new boat will fit in our plans just right.
You may have seen it before in a magazine or two, in fact it's on the back cover of the latest Powerboat mag if you have it. :drink:

Although it may be "unstable" :rolleyes: by design, and built west of Denver :rolleyes: :rolleyes: we absolutely love this boat. It is difficult to find ANY negative press about these boats (other than on this board), so we are very confident in our purchase.
It's a DCB F-29 with 580 cubic inch Larry Peto motors (mild at 650 hp) and IMCO SC drives.
It should be pretty quick and fast with the right props. :D

So, anyone heading out to Havasu this Friday or Saturday morning, stop by the Agave Inn at Havasu City and say hi!!

We'll be in this:

SummerObsession 06-14-2004 07:38 AM

Re: Headed to HAVASU!!

I don't know if this will work, but here is a short video of it running on Havasu:

F-29 video

pb 06-14-2004 07:40 AM

Re: Headed to HAVASU!!

DCB=Meticulous rigging!

Enjoy!

jawbreakerkid 06-14-2004 08:36 AM

Re: Headed to HAVASU to pick up our new BOAT!!

Congrats SummerO!!! have a safe trip......talk to you soon.

Panic Button 06-14-2004 08:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Come on up to Lake Mead :drink: Watch out in Havasu, they have been cracking down on the noise levels and handing out tickets like candy there, to the tune of $120.00. You should have a blast, head to the "sand bar" and see the sights :D

Chris

Sydwayz 06-14-2004 09:17 AM

Congrats John and Jen!!! Awesome boat!

SR-24 06-14-2004 09:28 AM

Great looking boat! Where do you boat in Kansas? You need to bring it down to Oklahoma so I can check it out.

spitfire1 06-14-2004 10:23 AM

Very very nice.....you have had some really nice boats haven't you........if I ever go to the dark side, this is one cat I would definitely be looking at.....congratulations...

SummerObsession 06-14-2004 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Spitfire1
if I ever go to the dark side, this is one cat I would definitely be looking at........

Hey bud I LIVE for the dark side!!!

Dark side, I'm still LMFAO!!! :drink: :drink: :drink:

Thanks for the kind words everyone, we are cranked!

As far as the noise goes, it has Gatlin mufflers built in to the tailpipes. :cool: :D
It is supposed to be really quiet at idle.

EvoB 06-14-2004 10:51 AM

hey nice boat charley has taken great care of it we have been to the river with them a few times