Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   my boating experiance sunday (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/81321-my-boating-experiance-sunday.html)

Fountain38SC 06-15-2004 10:04 AM

Re: my boating experiance sunday

No good deed goes unpunished. The current rule is no non boaters on my boat. I've had 1 too many unpleasant experiences not just related to gratitude. They simply have no idea what it takes to own and operate a performance boat.

RollWithIt 06-15-2004 10:26 AM

****, I wouldnt have even offered them the ride in the first place. A good rule is to never mix business with pleasure. Especially when it comes to buying that house. In this situation you just opened yourself up to too many headaches. Once the offer was there and they got on board, you were stuck with their ignorant arses. You obviously couldnt have left them at the dock, your buying the house off of his dad. Wonder how that would affect the sale if you ticked off junior. As far as them not paying for gas or helping when the rain hit, as stated before, some people just dont get it. Its water over the damn at that point and there is nothing you can do. I dont expect money from my friends when we go boating. Its my contribution and pleasure to take them out. I make the payment, pay for gas and they bring the beer, food and girls. It all works out that way. We all have fun and enjoy it. They will offer to help tie it up at the docks, put out bumpers, cover it and so forth. They also know the rule about no shoes on the vinyl. Thats a biggie for me. Even when we pick up girls, no shoes on the vinyl. I dont care if they have to take them off before they step in or not. Usually not a problem. Best thing you could have done there Jason, not invite them out in the first place.

squirt 06-15-2004 10:26 AM

Non boaters. I learned long ago you can pick them out quick and I just give them the "yeah well go out sometime" line. It never happens. Also young adults and teens seem to have tunnel vision. They have no concern about what it going on around them, just that their good time is not hindered. I bet that stuff never happens to you again.

Downtown42 06-15-2004 10:29 AM

Should have turned the key when the word breakfast was stated.

As far as jet ski lift, why would that be an issue? I'm sure that is in your accepted offer to purchase contract, right?

hugetime1 06-15-2004 10:31 AM

well, i have decided to not renew the lease in sept, I will rent the apartment to an old retired couple. , you are right jason, i shouldn't have asked them to go, but it is a good thing i did, or my jet ski lift would have been gone, i put a stop to that real quick.

hugetime1 06-15-2004 10:34 AM

downtown42 that is not in the contract specifically, it is concidered a permenant fixture and fixtures always are included in the sale of the property, they have no right to sell the lift.

Shooter 06-15-2004 10:35 AM

ass, grass, or gas; nobody rides for free!

JUSTONCE 06-15-2004 10:38 AM

People like that piss me the **** off, cause not only are they morons that ruin your day but me being younger(24) It makes us all look bad. I get so thrown by hearing people compliment me for normal things like holding a door for someone. Like they would never expect that. What the hell is wrong with people these days. Its not that hard to use a little common sense and have some ****ing maners.Bottom line TOO MANY *******S.

Cord 06-15-2004 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
At the point in time they said they were going to get breakfast, I'd have untied the boat, put it in gear, and left them on shore. I don't like to wait.

I would have done the same. We are here at the agreed time and I'm leaving. Do you want to come? :stupid:

Jonas 06-15-2004 11:33 AM

[w weeks later when I had the boat on the water I got my sweet revenge. I found his wallet and keys lodged between the rear seat and hatch. I looked at it first thinking it was a drunk buddy that left it last time out. But as soon as I looked at the driver’s license the anger returned to me and I just came unglued. I took the 103 dollars that was in it and tossed the wallet and keys over the transom.

So sue me
Roby[/QUOTE]

thats freakin funny! i love that...
its amazing how stinkin inconsiderate and unrespectful people are..
especially kids!!!
i would as a kid / teen what ever still today offer to help / ask for permission etc, i would always be the best stinkin giligan u coulld have on your boat.. people come along now and sit there like a freakin bump on a log and dont even get out of the way when docking etc. it fries my ass..