Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   my boating experiance sunday (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/81321-my-boating-experiance-sunday.html)

pachangalpina 06-15-2004 11:51 AM

Re: my boating experiance sunday

So, they go to breakfast and don't invite you but expect you to wait and go to get drinks while at the gas dock and don't buy you one and YOU are worried about them?

Downtown42 06-15-2004 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by robyw1
But as soon as I looked at the driver’s license the anger returned to me and I just came unglued. I took the 103 dollars that was in it and tossed the wallet and keys over the transom.

So sue me
Roby

that is a classic :eureka:

MitchStellin 06-15-2004 12:14 PM

Yup, new rules for this boat, no smoking, no shoes, if the drink is not done it is dumped before we go on plane, no non boaters, they think they are there to be intertained, gas money is discussed up front, before they get on, I split it by how many are on and I am out of the dividing, I pay for the boat, ins, maint, oil, parts, I clean it, store it and keep it like new, the least they can do is pay for the fuel. I don't drink on the boat and need little food so that is there problem.....no Doritos either. I have had a boat full and have come to a dock and looked at them and said "do you think the lines and fenders are going to come out themselves" The bottom line is that this ride is for me, not you. You are along for the ride, if you don't help with the docking and cleaning you don't go again. I have a great friend who lives next door to me and he helps without asking, he even helped me wash my truck after the weekend. Between the truck and the boat we are talking a few hours. I clean it like it is for sale every time out. Not a water spot or dog hair to be found. I find my yellow lab may drop hair but she loves to go fast and sits on the sun pad when we idle out, It is funny to see people point at her and smile. She lays on the back seat on bath mats and loves it. I can even go eat somewhere and she will stay on the boat, she goes down below when she gets hot and I leave water for her. Almost every time I get back she is being petted by someone but she will not leave the boat for anything. Thats a good first mate.

rouxsterre 06-15-2004 12:28 PM

Most people have no clue about boating. Taking strangers boating is a gamble, and you should have NO expectation of anything other than total ineptitude.

offshoresteve 06-15-2004 12:35 PM

I have had similar experiences with inconsiderate riders.I am always worried about my passengers,therefore I do not drive as fast with them on board.Then you get "its hot, lets go over there, Its too loud,there is no where to lay out!"On top of all this people spill beer in my boat and I don't even Drink while on my boat.
I bought the boat For ME not to be a guide,So I Removed the back seat from my Skater.PROBLEM SOLVED!

squirt 06-15-2004 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by hugetime1
well, i have decided to not renew the lease in sept, I will rent the apartment to an old retired couple. , you are right jason, i shouldn't have asked them to go, but it is a good thing i did, or my jet ski lift would have been gone, i put a stop to that real quick.

That reminds me of a movie. You like the pool. Were taking it with us. You like these stairs. Were taking them with us too. Anybody else remeber that Richard Pryor movie called Moving.

robyw1 06-15-2004 12:44 PM

Yes I do remember it. I loved Randy Quaid's lawnmower. He was pretty good with that remote helicoptor too.

:D Roby

Stormrider 06-15-2004 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by offshoresteve
I bought the boat For ME not to be a guide,So I Removed the back seat from my Skater.PROBLEM SOLVED!

Now that is brilliant!
And my friends wonder why I didn't get a boat that seated more people. :crazy:
I bet if you only had a standup bolster configuration, the passengers would have an idea of what this boat is for! :eureka:
Keep your mouth shut and HOLD ON! You wanna drink? better have a sippy-cup, or its gonna be all over your shirt!

Formula Outlaw 06-15-2004 03:15 PM

"Just Once" very well said.

"Roby" goes to show you once in a while there is justice. However, for $ 103.00, I'd rather have punched him in the teeth for moving my boat. Then the little pri(k would have sued you, then you'd have to call the Gambeni Brothers to take care of the problem. It was sweet revenge though. You should let him know somehow.

robyw1 06-15-2004 03:23 PM

Nah I'm sure the fish are having a blast running his credit cards to the limit on topless mermaids. :D:D:D