Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   my boating experiance sunday (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/81321-my-boating-experiance-sunday.html)

hugetime1 06-14-2004 11:44 PM

my boating experiance sunday

I currently am keeping my boat at my new house that i have not closed on yet, so saterday i went over to check on the boat and the owners son, his cousin(a chick) and one of the tennants were hanging out down by the water. They were all commenting on the boat and hinted they would really like a ride in it some time, so I told them if they wanted to go for a ride, I would be back tomorrow morning at 10 am sharp(sunday morning), they said that would be great, we would love to go. so I get there at 10 am on sunday and they were just on there way out the door, to get breakfast and they said they would be back in one hour. I was a little taken back by this but it was a nice day so took time to listen to some toons and wipe the boat down. an hour and 50 min passed before they showed up, I was really taken back by how inconsiderate this was, but let it slide, then before we left they asked me what it was going to cost because they didn't have alot of money(basically saying : we asked you for a ride but we arn't even chipping in for gas). so trying to be nice, i said that is ok, i got it. Now just before we depart, they spring it on me that we are bringing along a 5 year old. So I am thinking to my self, now I have to waste my whole day putting around worried about a 5 year old and pay for the gas. Now we get going and the kid is whinning that it is to hot and she was scared. I am getting madder by the second. A little time goes by and we are chatting in the no wake zone and the son of the owner of the house I am buying, casually mentions that his dad is selling the jet ski lift, that is supposed to go with my house. I damn near blew a fuse, but managed to remain calm, then he says maybe I should buy it, It would be nice for me to have a jet ski there. I am still smiling, trying not to blow a blood vessle. A little later when I managed to get a spot at the gas pumps, I start to pump the gas and they all go inside, sit down and order beers, leaving me with the boat at the gas dock, well i couldn't just leave it at the gas dock because there was a line, to make a long story short I ended tipping real well to leave it there 10 min while I rounded everybody up. We finally get back to the dock and no sooner do I put the boat on the lift, it starts to poor, so everybody took cover and there I am washing and covering the boat in the pouring rain. The last thing that really got me was, all day I was very adiment about not stepping on my arm rest, because there is hardly any suport under them. Well the girl that was with us was in a hurry to get out of the boat and stepped right up on the arm rest. and alls i could do is cringe when i saw it flexing under her weight.
So that was my sunday, Am I just to high strung or would a day of boating like this pissed you off too?

jtmiller02 06-14-2004 11:52 PM

Re: my boating experiance sunday

I've found theres 2 groups of people in the world...

1. the ones who get it
2. the ones who never will

Obviously its not hard to seperate them after a short amount of time, the thing is its not just boating its everything. I'm a young guy and I found that by owning a tap for a keg and having access to free ice that my friends like to have a keg party. Basically for 55 bucks you get 7 cases of beer, and it works out pretty good $ wise.

The thing that kills me tho, everytime we have a party even if its just a handfull of people, there are a few individuals who just don't get it. No respect for other people, their property, the $ they spent, their friends or neighbors. It seems like everytime we take the boat out, everytime we have a party, no matter what we do there is always "that group" the theives who take stuff, the slobs who don't pick up, and the people who just plain have no respect for anyone or anything. People like this really do make me sick.

TMANN 06-15-2004 12:18 AM

I agree, People Suck!!! Not all, but allot do...

Waterfoul 06-15-2004 12:22 AM

At the point in time they said they were going to get breakfast, I'd have untied the boat, put it in gear, and left them on shore. I don't like to wait.

MiamiVice 06-15-2004 02:53 AM

I agree , I would have left them at the dock after say 30 min, and immediatly when they mentioned the 5 yr old.

Audiofn 06-15-2004 04:53 AM

Yup I would have taken off after they were so inconsiderate to show up late. The not paying for gas.... well at leaste they were honest about it up front not after the ride. I would have then been pissed about them going in for a beer when you got gas. Were was the kid when they did that, did they leave him with their new baby sitter..... ? :( Stepping on your arm rest would have got a rise out of me also. I try and be VERY considerate to other peoples stuff and expect the same. When I had my Donzi up in Maine last time one of the peoples houses that we were hanging out on thier very large Shepard jumped on my boat 3 or 4 times, sliding on the back cover and scapping the **** out of the paint. I was pissed but bit my toungue.....

Jon

Iggy 06-15-2004 05:15 AM

Here's how I see it:

so I told them if they wanted to go for a ride, I would be back tomorrow morning at 10 am sharp(sunday morning)
10 am means 10 am. Not noon. I'm the type that when I say I'll some place at a certain time, damn it, I'm on time. And ready to go.
It was kind of you to patiently wait. I wouldn't.

and hinted they would really like a ride in it some time,

basically saying : we asked you for a ride but we arn't even chipping in for gas
You say they "hinted" about a ride, they you are annoyed that they couldn't chip in for fuel. First they didn't really "ask", but you then you were being nice and offered to take them out.
Anyone asks for a ride in my boat, I don't ask for money, I don't even expect it. It's my pleasure.

Now just before we depart, they spring it on me that we are bringing along a 5 year old
Wrong time to spring that one. I would've said no.

As for them leaving you at the gas dock to grab a beer. Well, that's just plain inconsiderate.
Same goes for them not offering to help cover the boat. Rain or no rain, I'd be right there helping out.

THEJOKER 06-15-2004 07:40 AM

I saw a bumper sticker this am that read " The more people I meet the more I like my choclate lab"! Most people are morons and are clueless! That sounds like a nightmare! BH

salesmanship 06-15-2004 07:45 AM

A good deed never goes unpunished!

Stormrider 06-15-2004 08:11 AM

I'm not prejudiced, I just hate everyone.
Late... F'em.
Bring the kid... no, just tell them you got no kiddie preservers.
Wont pay for gas... I don't expect them to, its my ride.
Leave for beers... I woulda left them there. F'em.
When I go for a ride, I tell all my passengers to let me know when its too fast.
Now I wont open her up, but I take'em for a ride let them experience HP boating.
They won't help wash it down... I wouldn't let them help, they'd do it wrong anyway.

But I agree with you... I'd be flushed red the whole day.
I'd have to say you are very considerate.