Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Looking to supercharge a Hummer H2 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/81401-looking-supercharge-hummer-h2.html)

LPEOUTLAW 06-17-2004 02:50 PM

Re: Looking to supercharge a Hummer H2

Personally, I like having forced induction on my toys, whether its turbos on my car or blowers on my H2 & boat, it is a preference for me and not something I do with thoughts of how the person I sell it is going to think. Sure, it's not for everyone, but do your research and make the decision for "you." I'd bet most of those reading this forum do things they like/want and to hell with what others think.

PS. My low 15 sec. H2 will outrun "some" cars in a drag race and I have a video, around here somewhere, of my friends 14 second LPE H2 outrunning a bracket racing mustang at the strip.

To each his own.....

GLH 06-17-2004 02:57 PM

Are you guys seriously pulling your fine rigs with those plastiked-up Tahoes? :D:D:D:D

MitchStellin 06-17-2004 05:29 PM

Buy an Excursion 6.0 PSD. Go with chip, intake, exhuast, propane, injectors, BB turbo and you will still pay less than what GL said. Then you have a truck that can control any load and beat the crap out of any gas engine. 9000lbs says it all.

MitchStellin 06-17-2004 05:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Try again

GREEK LIGHTNING 06-17-2004 06:53 PM

I'm not looking to use the H2 for a tow rig. I just want extra power. I really like the vehicle and have put over $12,000 in sound and cosmetic upgrades. Resale is also not a concern. Like LPEOUTLAW mentioned earlier, we do a lot of things just cuz we like to. If resale was ever the case, I'd get out of boating! Hey LPEOUTLAW who did the install for your H2? I own a Goodyear store and will probably have my top guys do it. However, any advise would be appreciated. What did you do with exhaust and air intake? Mike

LPEOUTLAW 06-17-2004 09:29 PM

Being in Dallas, 21st Century Muscle Cars did the install. They are the only other LPE installer in the country, other than LPE--which you are closer to geographically, as they are in Indiana.

I feel fortunate to have met John Lingenfelter personally and to have had him drive and tune my H2 as one of the first 2 LPE did. Of course, they did it right.

I have the 500hp package listed on their site, and is more than just the blower.

www.lingenfelter.com

RIP Big John L.

GLH 06-18-2004 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by GREEK LIGHTNING
I'm not looking to use the H2 for a tow rig.

Wise move Mike.

GREEK LIGHTNING 06-19-2004 02:36 PM

GLH, I also have a little Baja 20' Outlaw that I use the H2 to tow it locally. I would never consider towing my other boat. I had a Duramax Dually which I just had National Marine sell for me. Thats what I used for my other boats. The H2 is my daily driver.