Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Travis overnight spots for boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/81532-lake-travis-overnight-spots-boat.html)

bford1 06-17-2004 07:45 PM

Lake Travis overnight spots for boat

My parents have a place on Travis and I usually boat there. I live in San Antonio and trailer the boat up and back. I can't keep my boat at my parent's place overnight as it sticks out of their guest slips about 6 feet. (Boat is 357 Formula 37'7" LOA). I don't care about it sticking out as you'd have to be a blind idiot to hit it. But, they're having a disagreement with the homeowner's association about another issue and they don't want me keeping the boat there in an undersized slip overnight. I have a place to keep it this weekend. But, it will be this weekend only and $20 a night to dock. Anyone else know of anywhere to dock overnight on Travis? I'd prefer somewhere near Lakeway or Carlos and Chalie's. Anyone dock overnight at Carlos and Charlie's?

Thanks

Brent

Hudson 06-17-2004 09:05 PM

Re: Lake Travis overnight spots for boat

I'd also be interested in where to keep a boat and a trailer for a week at Lake Travis. My mother and two of my sisters live in Lakeway, but the too strict restrictions prohibit me from even leaving my trailer on any of their driveways overnight. I would need a place to park a trailer and a place to moor the boat! Hoping that someone around there has some ideas.

bford1 06-21-2004 07:51 AM

Yes, my parents have the same issues and are just outside of Lakeway. I spent lask weekend on Travis. Had a great time. Can anyone help with ideas for a place? ttt

Thank you

Clay Washington 06-21-2004 07:52 AM

bford1... I know of several people that have kept their boats overnight in the Carlos'N Charlies "harbor" overnight. (Especially on Poker Run weekends.) You can either sleep on the boat, or just leave it for a night or two. I have never heard of any problems when doing this. The folks at Carlos'N Charlies don't mind. In fact, there are usually several boats in the water there every weekend. If you really want to rent a slip, then contact Hurst Harbor (Johnny Fins).

Hudson... Contact Hurst Harbor (Johnny Fins). They usually have slips for rent.

See y'all on the Fourth of July! :D

RBake 06-22-2004 02:41 PM

They rent overnight slips at Carlos and Charlie's. I rented one a couple of weeks ago. It was 40 bucks a night.

Clay Washington 06-28-2004 09:42 AM

ttt

atxwellcraft 08-17-2004 02:49 PM

Who do you contact for the Carlos N Charlies slips? I usually leave mine at Lakeway Marina and it is on a first come first served basis. I would much rather keep at Carlos N Charlies.

robyw1 08-17-2004 03:46 PM

I left mine at Lakeway Marina but then again I stayed at Lakeway Inn. It was a covered slip for 30 per night

Roby

Clay Washington 08-17-2004 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by atxwellcraft
Who do you contact for the Carlos N Charlies slips? I usually leave mine at Lakeway Marina and it is on a first come first served basis. I would much rather keep at Carlos N Charlies.

You can contact Emerald Point Marina for a "reserved" slip. I have left my boat overnight in the "courtesy slips" at Carlos'N Charlies for free. I know lots of people that have spent the night on their boats while in the "courtesy slips".

Good luck! :cool: