Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sea Ray Pachanga (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/81573-sea-ray-pachanga.html)

Dreaminbig 06-18-2004 12:45 PM

Sea Ray Pachanga

Has anyone owned one? I rode in one a few years ago and really liked the boat. Was also looking on boattraderonline and this seems like a good boat to start out with--price and performance-wise. Any thoughts? :cool:

JUSTONCE 06-18-2004 12:50 PM

Re: Sea Ray Pachanga

great riding boat. I like how they are a nice balance between perf. and luxury.

Dreaminbig 06-18-2004 02:38 PM

I know this isn't a big Sea Ray forum (for obvious reasons), but any idea why they quit building them? The one I rode in was specially made for someone. Not enough interest?

pachangalpina 06-18-2004 02:47 PM

I heard that they quit making them because of the Brunswick/SeaRay/Baja deal.

Anyway I have a Pachanga P-22 and Fountain 38 Fever. Still love the Pach and I am playing around with motors in it now. Great boat and handles the power and speeds well.

Todd

OldSchool 06-18-2004 02:57 PM

Maybe Biggus will chime in as well. He has a 22 Pachanga that he uses alot (it's a little easier on gas than the Top Gun!) :D :D

GOFSTCAT 06-18-2004 03:17 PM

my brother just bought one in Georgia, had to do the bottom Lott's of blisters . we took it to loto for memorial day, ran 57 mph with stock 7.4 Lt mercs good boat

euby 06-18-2004 03:19 PM

owned one for a couple years...great boat.

nautiintention 06-18-2004 06:45 PM

I own a 32 Sea Ray Pachanga twin 454's with a rare factory arch. First boat I ever owned. Great riding boat, good performance. Very sturdy boat in rough water. Just boat a 42 Sonic so I have to sell it. Can only use 1 boat at a time. Sea Ray only made them from '87 to like '91 and stopped making them because their boat sales started dropping off with the differnt so they decided to focus on one style of boat (cruisers) and make a big campaign for the style. They bought Baja right after the last one rolled out of the factory.

Trippin 06-18-2004 06:53 PM

The Pachanga is a very sturdy smooth riding boat, remove the MR drives install a pair of Bravos and your set for cruising. The boat is considerably heavier than it's counterparts in the same length. I'm speaking of the 31 - 32 foot version. The hull design is very solid although I saw one recently that was delaminating. So check it out thoroughly, I love the Pachanga and if I was to find a deal on one I might buy it out from a prospective buyer. So if your not looking for a serious performance vessel at the moment I recommend you jump on the Pachanga deal, otherwise I might.

Good luck.

Dreaminbig 06-20-2004 12:10 PM

Thanks for all of the great responses! They all make me feel welcome as a new-comer!

John