Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   where are all the bigmouth fountain fans now ? not in NY (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/81633-where-all-bigmouth-fountain-fans-now-not-ny.html)

mr_velocity 06-21-2004 01:13 PM

Re: where are all the bigmouth fountain fans now ? not in NY

Originally Posted by SummerObsession

Not my type of boating, but hey, let 'em rip.
Now, that said, when these guys kill our ability to go boating either through insurance costs, more regulations, etc., then I will have a different opinion.

Read an article this morning, #1 reason for an increase in insurance is hurricanes. The "insurance" price crisis is also hitting the large yachts.

Ron P 06-21-2004 01:13 PM

Downtown - but of course, only an epoxy hull could be light enough to go that fast on those few ponies.

Hauling Trash 06-21-2004 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by DJD
I also think they have the most broken hulls of anyone on the offshore circut combined.

ps.. I'm not knocking the Fountain pleasure boats at all. I just think Reggie builds his race hulls a little too light.

DJD

Tell us about your Hull in your Raceboat ?????????????

bob 06-21-2004 01:40 PM

KenP, truth of the matter is some folks just have more $ than they know what to do with. Some invest in the tables in AC, others in business and fortunately for some boat and engine builders...in boats. Some invest in poker run boats, others in race teams. I think it's kinda neat just to sit back and watch this stuff go on year after year. Whatever makes em happy!

cuda 06-21-2004 06:07 PM

You can bet these guys that buy these $1million dollar boats damn sure ain't doing it for the investment. They have enough money to go pay to have fun, which is their perogative. I just wish I could. I don't see why someone makes a big deal out of what someone else does with their own money. Heck, I wish I could afford a $500k hit every year or two, I'd have one in the stable too, and wouldn't give a chit how anyone else felt about it.

I just wish I had enough money to buy an elephant....................I don't want an elephant, I just wish I had that much money. :)

RollWithIt 06-21-2004 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by cuda

I just wish I had enough money to buy an elephant....................I don't want an elephant, I just wish I had that much money. :)

I wish I had that kind of money too. But I dont want an elephant, I want a hippopotomus!

You know Cuda, they say the mind is the first thing to go!!

JUPITER PULSARE 06-21-2004 06:56 PM

Ok Boys And Girls, I'm Going To Really Stir The Pot. I've Been Told That The "new" Apache Is Going To Blow Fountain And Outer Limits Away!!! Bang, Crash, Pow,#$^&*^, Ouch; I'm Sorry, There Is A Whole Different Thread For That!! Haha

Downtown42 06-21-2004 07:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the tribe is out Buffalo hunting for winter stock. The days are getting shorter starting today

Ice Chief in China...

cigarette1 06-21-2004 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
Ok Boys And Girls, I'm Going To Really Stir The Pot. I've Been Told That The "new" Apache Is Going To Blow Fountain And Outer Limits Away!!! Bang, Crash, Pow,#$^&*^, Ouch; I'm Sorry, There Is A Whole Different Thread For That!! Haha

Horse$hit ... it'll take a little more than a goofball comment like that to rile things up nowdays ... that was weak :rolleyes:

Katapult 06-21-2004 07:21 PM

reading all this "stuff" is almost as much fun as ---------