Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   where are all the bigmouth fountain fans now ? not in NY (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/81633-where-all-bigmouth-fountain-fans-now-not-ny.html)

outer42 06-21-2004 08:02 PM

Re: where are all the bigmouth fountain fans now ? not in NY

merlola,
shut the f uck up and get YOUR BOAT READY!!!!!! YOU CAN'T QUESTION A RACER LIKE DAVE AT ALL...............

h2owarrior 06-21-2004 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
Read an article this morning, #1 reason for an increase in insurance is hurricanes. The "insurance" price crisis is also hitting the large yachts.

I do not think that Hurricanes are causing insurance rates to go up on inland lakes. My insurance agent told me that Hurricanes were not an issue if the boat was kept on a trailer. I just moved to NC from Ill. and asked that very question. I think the article must have been for lift kept boats or larger, less easily transported yachts as you pointed out.

These 100+ mph boats will force legislation on our sport. I have no problem with these guys spending that kind of money on a boat. More power to 'em, this is America. What bothers me is they are going to affect my, and others, ability to pursue the sport due to government regulation in the from of speed limits and noise ordinances to name a couple. :(

DJD 06-21-2004 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash
DJD

Tell us about your Hull in your Raceboat ?????????????

Mr Merola......
WE added a compartment under the dash/cabin of the race boat to store the safety equipment (anchor...etc...). Outerlimits did not.
When we were racing in Point Pleasant in the 6-8' seas (the same race we lapped Reggie), we pushed it a bit too hard and landed squarely on our port side. Marcus' head hit the water, ripped off his visor & my head hit his shoulder. We continued on & won the race.
The storage compartment which was on the Port side (that is, the left side on the boat :p ) punched a 6" crack in the deck, just forward of the windscreen and above the rub rail.
I will say again, WE added this, NOT OL. It was our own fiberglass guy and we did not consult OL.
Anything else you'd like to know sparky?

Shane 06-21-2004 09:16 PM

Some people need to engage their brain BEFORE they engage their MOUTH (or fingers on the net). You would think they would learn that the taste of their own shoes is not that appetizing.

OldSchool 06-21-2004 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by DJD
Mr Merola......
WE added a compartment under the dash/cabin of the race boat to store the safety equipment (anchor...etc...). Outerlimits did not.
When we were racing in Point Pleasant in the 6-8' seas (the same race we lapped Reggie), we pushed it a bit too hard and landed squarely on our port side. Marcus' head hit the water, ripped off his visor & my head hit his shoulder. We continued on & won the race.
The storage compartment which was on the Port side (that is, the left side on the boat :p ) punched a 6" crack in the deck, just forward of the windscreen and above the rub rail.
I will say again, WE added this, NOT OL. It was our own fiberglass guy and we did not consult OL.

DOH!!! :D :drink: :D

DaveP 06-22-2004 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by DJD

hehehehehehehe

outer42 06-22-2004 06:52 AM

djd,
He's a load mouth crew member, without a race boat himself. Don't let him bother you.I was in that race and have a picture on my wall 8 foot out of the water to prove it and the recipt for the drive i blew.

high ass get to work!!!!!!!!!

DJD 06-22-2004 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by outer42
djd,
He's a load mouth crew member, without a race boat himself. Don't let him bother you.I was in that race and have a picture on my wall 8 foot out of the water to prove it and the recipt for the drive i blew.

Outer, I remember looking for you every time we came around the course.
We didn't know what was wrong with your boat at the time but we were keeping an eye on you to make sure you got back into the inlet.
God, that was a NASTY day & probably the worst inlet conditions I have ever seen.

DaveP 06-22-2004 08:56 AM

djd, He's a load mouth crew member

Now there's an understatement!

You better be nice or you'll be sleeping on the dock in Atlantic City this weekend! :crazy: :crazy:

outer42 06-22-2004 09:04 AM

I Have A Comp Suite,jeff Will Be Sleeping On The Boat Or With You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!