Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   boating on the saginaw river/bay (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/81690-boating-saginaw-river-bay.html)

traviss 06-20-2004 09:47 PM

boating on the saginaw river/bay

I was wondering is anyone on OSO boats in the bay city area on the saginaw river. I do it 2-3 times a year normally. Was looking for some regulars that go there every weekend to tag along with. I have been banned from our lake in oscoda and now have the boat at home sitting on the trailer so from now on most of the time I will be on the river. If anyone else boats there regualry let me know, we could hook up.

Travis

I'll be the a**hole in the obnoxous boat :rolleyes: :D

RacingFan4Ever 06-20-2004 11:37 PM

Re: boating on the saginaw river/bay

Hey Travis, I head out on the Bay 2-3 times a week, but not sure when I can get out there in the coming week cuz of remodeling my house. I know we'll be out there during the 4th. We usually hang out near the State Park in the Bay...the water is waist high, and on a hot day, many boaters are there partying. We have a white Baja with a tri color splash on the side.

We'll be out at the Dobson River Roar also.....hanging around Hooters this weekend.

traviss 06-21-2004 10:16 PM

thats nice to hear that someone else runs in the area. I plan on running the river sometime this weekend, depends what i have going on. I have a little 18' powerplay , white, yellow grey, dark grey. if you see me say hello. probably put in, down in saginaw where 46 goes over the river, i am familer with this ramp. Which ramp do you use moslty?

Travis

RacingFan4Ever 06-22-2004 12:22 AM

I use 2 of them. The one in Vet's park and one right near the GM plant in Bay City. Both are pretty good. But since the River Roar is coming this weekend, all the teams will be using the Vet's park, so I'll have to head down river a bit to the one near GM. But I should be near Hooters watching the races. I'll keep an eye out for ya. I have a white 30 ft Baja with Purple, Green, and Blue splash mark on both sides. Have fun boating.

traviss 06-22-2004 06:54 PM

hey bud. Do they close of the river for the races?. Can you still get through that part of the river if they are racing?

Travis :drink:

SpeedGirl 06-22-2004 08:04 PM

Traviss what did you do to get banned...... chasing the MILFS?

traviss 06-22-2004 08:22 PM

excessive noise, speed, harrassing some people that give me **** about my boat :D :D the usual ;) it is a long story and this is the short version :D :D

you gonna get nekkid to cheer me up :D :drink:

Scott 06-22-2004 09:07 PM

Hey I'm typing this from Saginaw right now! I'm at the Hampton on exit 6. Guess I have to start hauling the boat with me. :rolleyes:

I'm walking over to Applebees for a couple of tall ones :drink: My head is about to explode from reading the NY Poker run thread :drool:

RacingFan4Ever 06-22-2004 11:18 PM

Yeah, you can still get through once per day..they open the river around 2:30 on Sat and 3:30 Sunday. If you want to get through earlier, you'll have to do it by 9am, or else use a launch pass the races. You can watch the races from the other side of the bridges too...I'm not sure how close they let you get though.

Hey Scott I know exactly where you are, Tittabawassee Rd Exit. I was right near you paying a visit to Lowe's tonight. So what brings you here?

Scott 06-22-2004 11:49 PM

I service a large Michigan based chain. I am on my way from Flint heading to Cadillac.
Ended up at Fridays had a good time with the local young crowd :crazy: