If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    2008 Formula 350 SS
    Chesterfield Twp Mi

???? about warning beeper on 496ho

Just had a new water pump installed, first time out warning beeper went off. Engine temp was fine, outdrive fluid resevoir looked low. added about 4 ounces went back out, same thing. Question is when that warning beeper goes off, does it limit the amount of fuel to the motor? It seemed like someone hit the brakes when the alarm went to a steady tone. Any help would be appreciated. I am brand new to the sport.
    [email protected]

My Boats:
    Spectre Sportfish Tournament Edition

Re: ???? about warning beeper on 496ho

When the beep goes steady the engine goes into safe mode. It will limit power to protect the engine.

You may have a problem that many of us have had when changing the pumps. Try this: when you start the cold engine, wait until oil pressure builds and then rev to 1500-1800 RPM until you hear an audible difference in exhaust tone (you can also just check for water flow). If that does not establish a good flow or you continue to have the problem you may have to have it checked by a pro.

Good luck,

My Boats:
    Formula 353
    Louisville Ky

Re: ???? about warning beeper on 496ho

Water pump has a pressure sensor, be sure it is connected after the replacement.