Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ZUL engines (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/81807-zul-engines.html)

SIZE MATTERS 06-22-2004 02:45 PM

Re: ZUL engines

PRG T/G,
The tweaked 575 sci's, just freshen or more h.p.?

BLee 06-22-2004 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by SIZE MATTERS
PRG T/G,
The tweaked 575 sci's, just freshen or more h.p.?

When he tweaked them they had 650hp if I remember correctly.

super termoli 06-22-2004 04:54 PM

many cigs in europe have zul power and most of the ones i see are from early 90s. that says a lot about their durability. i've seen some with over 500 hours and they still ran correctly. and maintenance of gas engines is not exactly the strong point over here in Europe. when someone takes off the valve covers to see what's going on, uhhh... it's a big deal, he'll tell you that the engines have been "completely overhauled". anyway, zul would be on my shortlist along with sterling and eickert for anything above the HP525 power. Even if I was buying 900+ horses, I'd still prefer to work with these guys than have a Merc 900. don't know anything about the 1075...

pm203 06-22-2004 06:27 PM

I put 300 hours on some Zul 700,s and they were awesome.They always fired right up,always ran consistently,and never gave me a problem.

spitfire1 06-22-2004 08:02 PM

I deleted that last post because I thought you might take it the wrong way.....but I see that you didnt.....no disrespect intended.....

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-22-2004 09:18 PM

Simply put, look at the old records of the B-Class boat Fever with Joe Sgro.
They either won or broke a drive. I never heard of them having any engine troubles. Other than too much power...... :D

bob 06-24-2004 08:58 PM

Richie dynoed/dialed in my current engines when I went to blowers. His pricing was very reasonable, Richie is very helpful, and most importantly, the motors have been tremendous! Certainly changed my mind on blower applications! You won't be dissapointed. ;)

Lmarth 06-24-2004 09:03 PM

I've never heard anything negative about Zul engines.

GLH 06-24-2004 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by super termoli
many cigs in europe have zul power and most of the ones i see are from early 90s. that says a lot about their durability. i've seen some with over 500 hours and they still ran correctly. and maintenance of gas engines is not exactly the strong point over here in Europe. when someone takes off the valve covers to see what's going on, uhhh... it's a big deal, he'll tell you that the engines have been "completely overhauled". anyway, zul would be on my shortlist along with sterling and eickert for anything above the HP525 power. Even if I was buying 900+ horses, I'd still prefer to work with these guys than have a Merc 900. don't know anything about the 1075...

WoW the diesel guru chimes in!!!!!

As usuall very close to perfect wisdom!!!!

Becca 06-24-2004 09:28 PM

member 28 scarab just had his engine done by ritchie and it's going mid 90s