Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boats are really beginning to suck (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/81856-boats-really-beginning-suck.html)

GregP 06-24-2004 06:16 AM

Re: Boats are really beginning to suck

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
Greg,
How old is your boat??

1984 250 hours, 70 on motors. The boat is now over on Kent Island in storage (had to get it off my lift so the new and not running :mad: boat could get on it).

GregP 06-24-2004 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by open72
all your asking is 30g's ,that's a great deal. you need to get it parked along a major route for exposure.

I've been TRYING to get it on a dealers lot for exposure, but no one was interested. Talked with Offshore Perf last weekend, so maybe something will come of that.

GregP 06-24-2004 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sloman
Greg we need to talk, is that a "Sail Boat" I see on your dock :eek:

Yes, belongs to my father in law. I trade free dockage for free landscape maintenance (he's a landscape architect).

PureAdrenaline 06-24-2004 08:11 AM

my boat has been in the shop for 6 months, and i just got it back.....hoses not connected, kinked oil lines, two different coil mounts, trashed interior, bent trailer......the list goes on. what a way to start my summer......... :blaster:

Roger 1 06-24-2004 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by GregP
Yes, belongs to my father in law. I trade free dockage for free landscape maintenance (he's a landscape architect).

If your happy with that explanation, who are we to question......

fund razor 06-24-2004 09:21 AM

I feel your pain Greg. Have had trouble with both of my boats. Especially my "new" one.
Sucks to pay for two docks and have both boats on land.

ThirdBird 06-24-2004 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by dockrocker
Always the wrong damn time for me - baby #2 due in September, I don't think the CFO would green light a boat purchase, even a 30G one... :(

Quit spitting out those carpet-crawlers and go buy a boat. :)

dockrocker 06-24-2004 03:50 PM

Believe me, ThirdBird, we're done after this one!

formula1 06-24-2004 06:10 PM

Dockrocker, that's what my CFO said after our second...now third... But I stressed the importance of needing a boat--a bigger boat with a nice cabin, higher freeboard and two engines in case one breaks down... Great family fun! It worked!! :rolleyes: :p :D

She still questions whether it's worth it.... :(

frequentflyer 06-24-2004 07:05 PM

Boats are always broken. That's just the way it is. Especially performance boats.
That is a great deal on that Formula Greg.... I'll put the word out to anyone looking for something like that. Sure seems like alot for the $$.
Good luck...