Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Got the police called on me last night for my loud stinky boat... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/81885-got-police-called-me-last-night-my-loud-stinky-boat.html)

fund razor 06-24-2004 02:58 PM

Re: Got the police called on me last night for my loud stinky boat...

Thrillseeker, you lucky b#st*rd.
I gotta move out of the city. I bought my house when I was 23. It was a good neighborhood back then. 16 years later it sucks and everybody that used to be a good neighbor is gone.

Time to go.

It would be a dream just to know that I can get up my driveway with a rig.
The rest would be a bonus.

It's hard to describe to non-boaters how frustrating the logistics of transport, storage and parking can be in the city. They don't seem to get why I would stand at my door and wait for the right moment...and why sometimes I just can't get back with the boat attached.

outriggers 06-24-2004 04:23 PM

I dad lives on 6 acres in the country. A neighbor a 1/4 away complained about the noise of a chain saw for a few minutes on a sunday afternoon. Now the lawn is mowed 7am sunday morning, but not before he removes the muffler. Doug

formula31 06-24-2004 05:50 PM

I had one of those too. I told her that if she didnt behave, I was gonna go down to the getto, find a family with 20 screaming kids and sell my house to them for a quarter. Shut her right up.

hugetime1 06-24-2004 07:27 PM

chris if you have kids, get them one of those little motorized scooters to ride up and down the street, they have the most annoying sound, i bet it would be worse with out the muffler.

eyezlee 06-24-2004 09:02 PM

MAN this really sucks. I don't even talk to my neighbors here at home. My REAL neighbors are at the lake. Smokey diesel burnouts, boat motors, naked golf cart racing, anything goes and nobody *****es.

Risk Taker 06-24-2004 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Baja Daze
Phuck her! :mad:
At 6:30, You're not doing anything wrong.
I hate people like that.

Yup........ :blaster:

Some people just don't get it....... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

RollWithIt 06-24-2004 11:00 PM

I was definately lucky. I grew up with my neighbors being relatives. My parents house is at the end of a dead end ally and the closest two houses belong to my Grandmother and my Aunt & Uncle. Of course they never complained when we would have parties and goof off. Living at the marina is even better. My neighbors are warehouses. All empty and quiet in the evenings and at night. Even the local district cops dont bother us there. 1, we're decent people in a area that normally has idiots morons and crackheads. 2, I know some of them from being on the job. 3, they come down there to sleep during the late shifts and off hours. Oh yeah, a couple of them keep their boats at the marina also. No wonder why 3 am bonfires and loud parties are not a problem.

ofshore 06-25-2004 05:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know if you'll be able to see it very well but this is what i get to look at kitty corner across the street from me :rolleyes: It looks like it's mostly toys and junk piled around but come on that it disgusting. I don't think you can see it but the front porch behind the tree is stacked full of barbage and off to the right in front of their shed is piled full of garbage. They did have one part of their yard clear and then they decided to buy that trampoline as if their wasn't enough stuff for the kids to play with already :rolleyes: and don't even get me started on the dog kennel you see there on the right.

Iggy 06-25-2004 06:01 AM

Fund razor, you have every right to call the cops. When you do, mention the fact that you think they're selling drugs. That'll bring the cops in a hurry.

Back when we first bought our boat we were parking it if front of the house, but off the road in the grass and parallel to the street. I came home from work one day to find the county code enforcer waiting for me. He was a nice guy, told me that it was parked on county property and that some one, a neighbor, complained about it. He told me that he had known about the boat since the first day I brought it home. He didn't have a problem with where it was parked untill somebody complained. Once they did, he had to say something to me about it. He was right. I knew it was county land. He told me to move it into the driveway.
After our conversation, I asked who filed the complaint? He said "I can't tell you, but what I can say is that the person drives a grey Ford Thundrebird".
LOL!
I knew exactly who he was talking about. In fact that very person had stopped by one day and remarked how nice the boat was. Son of a b*tch!
After the county gut left all my immediate neighbors came out to see what the trouble was. I told them what happened and who complained. Two of my neighbors offered to let me park it in their yard if I couldn't fit it in my driveway. Now that was nice.

DBELL6 06-25-2004 05:00 PM

Light a road flare and toss it out the window, while driving by!