Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OL vs. Fountain: Time to end the B.S.: (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/81962-ol-vs-fountain-time-end-b-s.html)

outer42 06-24-2004 08:51 AM

Re: OL vs. Fountain: Time to end the B.S.:

i did that legal,not with 540 bulldogs and cams, I rather have one win without cheating than all his with cheating. I guess you're that kind of person like him.

Qball 06-24-2004 08:51 AM

I have 2 questions....these are not intended to be controvercial so do not read into them.
1. What Hp did each boat have during their speed runs?
2. What was the weight of each boat after the speed runs?

super termoli 06-24-2004 08:52 AM

and guess what? it would be damn entertaining to watch...

Downtown42 06-24-2004 08:53 AM

Here is REAL (facts) water report and my first splash of the season. Don't tell me about rough water pal.

Subject marine forecast

FZUS53 KMKX 280847
NSHMKE

NEARSHORE MARINE FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI
330 AM CDT WED APR 28 2004

FOR WATERS WITHIN FIVE NAUTICAL MILES OF SHORE ON LAKE MICHIGAN

LMZ643>646-281430-
SHEBOYGAN WI TO WINTHROP HARBOR ILLINOIS
330 AM CDT WED APR 28 2004

...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT TODAY AND TONIGHT...

.TODAY...SOUTH WIND TO 25 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 40 KNOTS.
MOSTLY SUNNY. WAVES 3 TO 6 FEET BUILDING TO 4 TO 7 FEET IN THE
AFTERNOON.
.TONIGHT...SOUTHWEST WIND TO 25 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 40
KNOTS. MOSTLY CLEAR. WAVES 4 TO 7 FEET.
.THURSDAY...SOUTHWEST WIND 10 TO 20 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO AROUND
35 KNOTS. CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IN THE AFTERNOON.
WAVES 3 TO 6 FEET.
.THURSDAY NIGHT...SOUTHWEST WIND 10 TO 20 KNOTS VEERING WEST
5 TO 10 KNOTS. SHOWERS LIKELY AND A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS.
WAVES 3 TO 5 FEET SUBSIDING TO 1 FOOT OR LESS AFTER MIDNIGHT.

$$
SEE LAKE MICHIGAN OPEN WATERS FORECAST FOR FRIDAY THROUGH SUNDAY.

Indy 06-24-2004 08:59 AM

The fact that an offshore boat is competing for a kilo record seems silly and out of place to me. That's like having a motocross bike enter into a quarter mile drag race. Keep 'em offshore...if there is such a thing anymore. Let the hydros or drag boats compete for the kilo record.

DaveP 06-24-2004 09:05 AM

Outer42 - get to work so you can pay for the 36 Concept this weekend! :D :D

KenP 06-24-2004 09:07 AM

You folks are funny.

So what a boat builder showed up with boats running on what top fuel. Alcohol, methane, 113 Octane. NHRA has guide lines for top fuel. Why even bother. At that point would you would throw a turbine in it. At least it is not a core hopefully after 2-8 hours of use if your lucky.

A true test would be 2 hp525's in each of these boats. Oh yeah and let Skater participate with that 39 V. Do you ever hear a word about Outerlimits challenging Skater. Hey he makes a 39V.

outer42 06-24-2004 09:09 AM

kenp i'm with you,as long as reggie motors are sealed and inspected. bring it on!!!!!!!!!!

chriscraft240 06-24-2004 09:14 AM

Whats the better value for my hard earned money? OL or Fountain? equipped the same. Just curious

super termoli 06-24-2004 09:17 AM

INDY, that's exactly right. If it's admitted that you can't run 100+ offshore because you're gonna get 6 footers and more most of the time, then why spend all your talent and energy trying to go over 160. It's a better idea to use that energy in trying to get that boat to hold up for more than 5 miles before you lose an ignition module or a belt or whatever the hell lets go on those boats every time. top speed is useless if your average sucks...

enzo ferarri said something like "to arrive first, you firstly have to arrive..."