Notices

Need a good boat wax; captains exhaust

Old 07-14-2004, 12:13 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Need a good boat wax; captains exhaust

Ok...ok - I can't believe I'm the first one commenting on this. Here's the big question for me:

Doesn't anyone think it's a bit suspicious that brum 66 just created a memebership???? Is this a ploy to talk about "your" boat wax???? hmmm.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by hi-perf-2000
Formula, seems like your looking for a handout. I'll tell you what if you want if you want whats left of my frenzy you can have it.

P.S. I haven't tried the boat shield yet becuase i had to wax the boat Twice in 2 weeks becuase the hull stained after the first 2 days. I just wanted to get my old wax back on to protect it so i didn't have to wax every week. I really am too tired to wax this 35 foot boat again. Maybe after my wax breaks down in 30 days I'll order the boat shield.
Hi-Perf-2000, I don't think he was looking for a hand out, you just have to understand how the products work, and how they protect the gel coat. They all work in different ways, and protect in different ways. I do you one better, let me know how much you have left and I'll buy it from you, I love the stuff. Thanks Jeff

Jeff Jassby
8254 Makiki Dr.
Diamondhead, MS 39525
Old 07-14-2004, 12:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Frenzy I to can read between the line's and I also think you are slamming another product to advance yours. With all the products mention in this thread why do you keep comming back to boat shield? Your product has been around for a while and the shield is new. With all your chemist knowledge why the boat shield concern? It seems to me the Shield works well and so do the Swipes. Danny D. has put his reputation and his money up to try to give boaters another great option to maintain there investments. Ny poker run no I was not there, we were winning the Cincinnati Offshore race in the Herbott/swipeswipes.com race boat. The generosity that Danny has given to us and his distributors with time and efforts as well as the Storlle foundation being so new to the sport has been outstanding. He has a lot of things on his plate right now , To pick up and leave! maybe he had other commitment he had to address. Jo P4-88 Herbott/Swipes
Old 07-14-2004, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Need a good boat wax; captains exhaust

I have to agree with DannyD. I have tried boat shield and so have my technicians. We were extremely surprised at how well the product performs, and lasts. I have not tried waxing frenzy, I'm sure its great. but, brow beating the competion is NOT the topic for discussion.

In a nut shell - everyone needs to try both and see for themselves.
Me, I'm sold on boat shield. even thou i have not tried waxing frenzy yet.
wax, polymer or acrylic, whatever---- the look, feel and longevity of the product being used to protect the boat is what matters.

Also - Being a buisiness owner my self, I know that downing some one elses product is just not good for buisiness.

Last edited by stevedg; 07-14-2004 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:12 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Anybody ever try that polymer wax that advertises itself as a "once a year application" called Nu-Finish? My wife got me some after reading the bottle and thought it would be great for the boat.

On the front of the bottle it says:
"NU-FINISH is the once a year car polish that independent labroratory tests have proven will bead, shine, and protect for a whole year. It's so tough that even 52 automatic car washes won't hurt the long lasting Nu-Finish shine.
Nu-Finish contains absolutely no wax, and won't scratch your clear coat finish. So new, so unique - you can even apply it in the sun.
There's no other formula like it! It's guranteed..."

Then on the back it says:
"A PRODUCT OF SPACE-AGE POLYMER RESEARCH"
"BY THE MAKERS OF NU VINYL" (Reed Union Corp. Chicago, IL)
PROTECTION
All weather protection, even against road chemicals, tree sap, bird droppings, rust, corrosion and oxidation.
EASY TO USE
Polishes quickly with no hard rubbing or buffing. Apply in sun or shade.
OTHER USES
Excellent for Fiberglass Boats, recreation vehicles and motorbikes. Also polishes & protects chrome surfaces.

Finally:
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Guaranteed to shine better and last longer than any other car polish or treatment, regardless of price, or return unused portion to place of purchase for full refund".

Sounds interesting enough doesn't it?
Old 07-14-2004, 01:32 PM
Registered

Hey Danny-
have tried your boatshield, and the product WORKS!
I'll continue to use the teflon on the bottom side though for that scum line.
I also like the swipes, and I appreciate the follow-up phone call after I received your products to see how I liked them. NOW THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Hey Jassman-
if the offer still stands, I have a half a bottle of "Frenzy" in the garage that I'll sell you.
just email me your address or call.

Adam
cell# 540-847-3124
Old 07-14-2004, 01:55 PM
Registered

I do not keep coming back to Boat Shield; it was just the topic at the time. I wish Danny all the luck in the world with his new product; I know how difficult it can be to get your product recognized.

When Danny first called me, I offered to help him out any way I could with the Swipe Wipes. Once I get my sample, I'll be able to comment on them, as well.

There are as many opinions as there are boats and we value all of them. As always, your comments and feedback mean a lot to us.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:33 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I too did not think Frenzy was trying to slam. Although I am not very experienced at "reading between the lines", I did think that was funny.
Too many mind readers here! LOL!

I have been using Frenzy now since March, and it lasts a VERY long time for me. I don't know of a wax that lasts for 5,6,7 + months, but even if there was one, I enjoy keeping my boat looking the best it can.
Just ask Reckless32 & Macklin how shiny and clean my boats stay.

Reckless: Nu-Finish?!??!
Thats a joke, Right?

Maybe try Pledge or baby oil too!

Kim,
It's a shame you can't offer info to poeple w/o them thinking you are "slamming" something or trying to promote. I have read alot of good info from you and have found your tips and suggestions to be helpful. Thank you!

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron

Last edited by BillR; 07-14-2004 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Registered

Arrow Re: Need a good boat wax; captains exhaust

Thanks, Bill. How's the new Cigarette?

Just wanted to let you know, too, that hotels for the Poker Run are filling fast (don't know if you plan to stay downtown or not). We are also offering a discounted rate for boat clubs of $300/per boat if 5 or more club members participate. Any chance you can get a head count from HRPA? Only a month away!
Old 07-14-2004, 03:58 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

No Bill, I'm not kidding. Why shouldn't I try it? All that I've tried over the years worked well enough longevity-wise. The difference to me has always been what's most nearest and dearest to many and that's "easy on....easy off...." which makes it a more pleasant task.

Besides, if it goes on and comes off as easy as it says it will I'll probably use it up before spending more useless dollars on another experiment making each bottle more expensinve than it should be. This isn't rocket science...

Quick Reply: Need a good boat wax; captains exhaust

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.