Notices

Medium Duty Trucks

Old 07-01-2004, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Medium Duty Trucks

At the World of Concrete show this year Freightliner had a very nice class 6 crew cab with a pick-up truck bed. They were using the Ford dually box. It was 4x4 had an Allison automatic with a dual range rear end and had the regular size tires (not a low-pro). The truck as it sat was selling for around $50,000 with a 300 hp Cummins. It was very tall but had a drop down section on the rear frame that would accept a receiver. They said they can handle up to 22,000lbs with a pennal hitch and would custom make any type hitch mounting you wanted (at an additional cost).

If I was going to buy a larger boat, that rig is what I would get to tow it. It was really sharp.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Boot: Hey buddy! I agree that air ride is the way to go. All three trucks in consideration right now have the air ride chassis, cab and front seats. I don't know if the chassis setups also include the front or not. As always, thank you for the info.

h2owarrior : The Freightliner is a consideration. I am looking at two different Petes and a Freightliner right now. The interior of the Freightliner is extremely nice, but I think that I like the exterior looks of the Petes better. The two Petes also have the stretched cabs while the Freightliner is a regular crew cab. I do have a quote from Cowboy Cadillac on building a stretched Freightliner though. They stated that it would take 8-10 weeks to build a new truck. I thought that time frame was fairly impressive. We'll see. I am going to spend some time on the phone again today because I have lots of questions for all three of these dealers.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Speaking of Cowboy Cadillac, check out their new F-650 Excursion. This one is the prototype, but they are supposedly building one to serve as a tow rig for an APBA team. Unfortunately, they would not tell me which team.
Attached Thumbnails Medium Duty Trucks-01-ex.jpg   Medium Duty Trucks-02-ex.jpg  
Old 07-02-2004, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

have you check with www.indianacustomtrucktrucks.com www.doubleeagleind.com www.aatrucksleeper.com they also do some conversions cowboy caddilac has some nice photos there OKC pete didn't have one, be on the way to dallas this afternoon report back later.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's a done deal. The Pete at the beginning of this post is coming to live in Maryland. This thing should handle the Apache with ease! Like I said before, I have no doubts that the F-450 would do the job, but I do not want to take the chance or tempt fate by going down the highway more than a ton overweight. It's just not worth it. Something that did surprise me though is that the insurance for the Pete is less than half of what the insurance was for the F-450, even with twice the dollar amount in coverage. Try to figure that one out, but all of the quotes were very similar so I was not about to argue!

So, what all of this means is that the F-450 is for sale. I have a couple of leads on it, but no deposit yet. Here are a couple of pictures of it. Please PM or e-mail me for any more info on the 450 because, out of respect for the board Gods, I don't want to turn this post into a full blown classified ad.

[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Medium Duty Trucks-100.jpg   Medium Duty Trucks-101.jpg   Medium Duty Trucks-102.jpg