Notices

new to forum, nice place

Old 06-25-2004, 09:12 AM
rookie_j

Default new to forum, nice place

hello, been looking around, seems a very informative place.

I have been looking at Fountains for the past few years, finally wore the missus down.

considering a 1991 38' sport cruiser, with twin 502's and bravo's. i am new to the sport boat scene (previous boats have been cruiser type 22-30 footer's).

we enjoy camping on lake superior (wife and i and our two boys, 8 & 15). are these boats layed out with an aft cabin? what about possible maintenance, engine, outdrive issues? fuel consumption? any specific things i should look at if we get serious about this purchase?

like i said i'm new to power boats, so any help is greatly appreciated. thank you in advance..

Old 06-25-2004, 09:17 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: new to forum, nice place

Welcome, the #1 forum off it`s kind.

Albert
Old 06-25-2004, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the board.

We have a 47 Fountain Sport Cruiser. There is no aft cabin but there is a V-berth and table drops down with filler cushions for added sleeping room. We love ours. Performance boats in general eat fuel and are a lot of maintenance but we love them anyway. Just make sure you have a survey done first.

Patti and Bill
Old 06-25-2004, 09:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Welcome. Its a great place. Being new to powerboats you better have a big savings account. There are alot of guys on here that can fill you in on Fountains
Old 06-25-2004, 09:26 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Make sure you check out the Fountain Owners forum here on OSO for specific Fountain questions.

You may get a rash of "your going to have to buy gold chains to go with that Fountain" and "stick some Viper Ilmor motors in that Fountain" on the General Discussion.

Welcome!
Old 06-25-2004, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome,....don't be shy about asking questions or offering information, this is a great place to communicate
Old 06-25-2004, 10:11 AM
Registered

Welcome.

You will especially love the tech section. Some of the best minds in the sport.

I wonder if that's too much performance boat coming from 22-30 foot cruisers.
Don't get me wrong, you are talking about a great boat in that 38,
but I don't know if I would say it's good for family camping.

Even though it's 38 feet long, it's gonna be a wave crusher and a fast boat, but it ain't gonna be a floating condo. They just lay these boats out so differently from cruisers.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:25 AM
JnT
Registered

Wecome! There are some really good people on here.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:55 AM
Registered

Just be sure to mention how superior the Fountain is to other boat brands, when asking for information. . . . some people are not aware of this.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 364 Likes on 209 Posts

Hi! I am Jack Oberrath. I also just signed on this past week. I could not handle not being able to see the pictures and give my 2 cents. I find this site to be a very informative.

brief bio
-I am 2nd year Mechanical engineering student from Cleveland Ohio.
-I am currently co-opping at Lubrizol in the Mechanical Engineering and Testing lab. Lubrizol is large global fluid company. They engineer many formulas for engine, gear, and tranny oil; and fuel additives.
-Previously, I worked 5 years in the marine industry. I started out as a detailer and moved up to be the main mechanics assistant. I was unfortunately unable to go to Merc school due to having to sell at our local boat shows.
-I have been boating my entire life. 1st was 1974 17ft kona w/ 150 short shaft Merc spinning a 2-blade. 2nd was a 18ft marlin bubbled deck jet boat with a 454 BB, ot headers, shave hull that did about 85. 3rd was a 24ft python w/t BB. It was probably a splash of a 24 Pantera. 4th was our current boat, a 1986 35ft CIGARETTE Mistress w/ t-502, trs. This boat I already rebuilt the drives, tranny's, and some minor stuff mostly all by my-self. I have to give a Big-up to my buddy larz who helps out if I cant fix it.

I hope I can be of help to all, all emails are welcome
As for that I'm out to the boat ,
Thanks for your time,

Jack Oberrath

Quick Reply: new to forum, nice place

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.