Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Were you born before 1985? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/82092-were-you-born-before-1985-a.html)

Strip Poker 388 06-26-2004 11:33 AM

Re: Were you born before 1985?

[QUOTE=Wasabe]I remember that. However times are changing. And we are closer to finding a cure for cancer then ever. AIDS... now we can help the unborn.
I cherish crashing the bike playing chicken with my brother. Or tying a sting to the back of Clydes ice-cream truck while on a Vision skateboard. How about the time when fireworks were entertaining during the summer? I remember my brother and I swashing June bugs. Hide and go seek with all the neighborhood kids. :)
Those times our great and kid these day will have different memories of fun times. Just like our parents. Gee, when you think about it. We sound just like them. At least we had electricity and indoor plumbing.

Me, my dad, my bother.[/QUOTE

Wasabe Your Dad and Brother would not share there beer with you or did you finish your's before them :eek: :D :)

When I just got my license at 15 I can remember doing burn outs in the family station wagon , getting caught by dad and he tore up my driver license and I did not get a new one until I turn 16 :hothead: .I learned not to get caught form then on . :)

Rippem 06-26-2004 08:46 PM

'64 here...NEVER INSIDE is right! My aunt Dorothy (who's 95 next month and still drives) had a FWD 455 Toronado with belted tires, she would let me take it up and down her road for mowing her lawn when I was like 13...man would that thing create clouds of tire smoke or what? :D Let's not forget that the majority demagraphic in this thread got to "partake" in that decade of decadence...the 80's, when you could create a party anywhere anytime. :crazy: I'm 40 in Aug. My only son graduated high school last night, being there really brought some things home about time...childhood times...the good times...and where has time gone? :confused:

redbuddy 06-26-2004 09:51 PM

''65 here
Is it already time to start talking about the good old days?
Newport beach drunk with uhh... her on a life guard tower
My dads 51 chevy truck stuck in 3rd gear cruising with the unruley kids
Over loading the boston whaler at night rading lobster pots
Blindly stumbling through youth
And that was all last summer.

R Addiction 06-27-2004 06:53 AM

DaveF, Bob and I bought A pontoon boat. We use it to take the kids out tubin' and island hoppin'!! Alot of fun beleive it or not. :)

Wasabe 06-27-2004 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388

Originally Posted by Wasabe
I remember that. However times are changing. And we are closer to finding a cure for cancer then ever. AIDS... now we can help the unborn.
I cherish crashing the bike playing chicken with my brother. Or tying a sting to the back of Clydes ice-cream truck while on a Vision skateboard. How about the time when fireworks were entertaining during the summer? I remember my brother and I swashing June bugs. Hide and go seek with all the neighborhood kids. :)
Those times our great and kid these day will have different memories of fun times. Just like our parents. Gee, when you think about it. We sound just like them. At least we had electricity and indoor plumbing.

Me, my dad, my bother.

Wasabe Your Dad and Brother would not share there beer with you or did you finish your's before them :eek: :D :)

When I just got my license at 15 I can remember doing burn outs in the family station wagon , getting caught by dad and he tore up my driver license and I did not get a new one until I turn 16 :hothead: .I learned not to get caught form then on . :)

I wasn't allowed to drink. As I was considered and "Angel" and should be tainted by such things. :D However if you look at my face in that pic my Dad let me have a sip and it was nasssty. Or at least then. :D

wwwTOPDJcom 06-27-2004 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by hp500efi
According to today's regulators and bureaucrats, those of us who were
kids in the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's or even the early 80's,
probably shouldn't have survived. .........

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem
solvers, and inventors, ever.

We had freedom, failure, success, and responsibility --- and we
learned how to deal with it.

And you're one of them!
Congratulations.

THIS GENERATION which one :D you said 30s 40s ect all the way up to early 80s

Donzigerl 06-28-2004 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by bajabob38
You forgot we rode our bikes behind the Mosquito man

THE FOGGER!!!!!! We would chase him through the alleys!!!! It was the highlight of our month!!!!

Airpacker 06-28-2004 07:38 AM

Snow ball fights at school that didn't get you suspended :)
Riding our bikes down the local ski hill without helmets or " suspension".
Crazy Carpets on same ski hill :)
Building forts in the forest.
Riding the subway at 8 without fear of abduction.
Being really scared of the coppers catching you doing anything and even more scared of mom or dad catching you.
Spending every waking moment outdoors, summer or winter ( until the street lights came on ) and making fun, not expecting the parents to buy it for us.
Dirt bomb fights that really hurt when you got caught with the ones that had stones in them.
BB gun wars....ahhh an old favorite of mine.
Sneaking beers at 14, not extacy and date rape drugs.
Being told that it was "your responsibility" to mow the lawn and take out the garbage if an allowance was expected.
Catching hell when the school phoned home for not good reasons :)

Yes sir, the world sure has changed since I was a little kid. Turned 40 this year and had to go to my 6 yr old daughters school because she got caught "making", not actually throwing a snow ball on school grounds. No wonder all the surveys say the kids of today are fat, lazy, illiterate etc.etc.

dkwestern 06-28-2004 08:29 AM

Amen, I love technology, but put down the cheescake and walk away from the computer and do a push up or something. Obesity is not a disease its laziness, and thats why America gets fatter every year, and why there are less good looking women to take out on the boat!!! :stupid: :stupid:

dyno 06-28-2004 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by car54driver
I’m a ’66 model.
Bicycle demolition derby.
BB gun shoot outs.
Dodge ball.
Mini bikes without helmets.

How did we survive our youth?

Sounds familiar :)