If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Gone Fishin' Charter Member Waterfoul's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1988 Tracker Pro 17, 40 hp Mariner.....1972 Glastron GT 140, Merc 50 power!!!
    Grand Rapids/Holland/Grand Haven

Re: Were you born before 1985?

I too was concieved and born in 1966. All of the above brings back some wonderful memories. BB-gun fights, building forts, tree forts (as high as possible!), fishing in EVERY waterhole, creek, river, and lake we could ride our bikes too. All this at age 13 or so.... my girlfriend has a 13 year old son she does not let out of her sight! She and I have had this discussion many times. She only lives 1.5 miles away. I told her to let him ride his bike over here and go fishing (I have a really good fishing pond/small lake right across the street in a big park) and she won't let him. NO main roads, no busy roads between here and there, just residential streets. She is simply afraid someone will snatch him. Knowing this kid, they would just give him back!! LOL!!!!! He loves to fish but she is really paranoid about things that "could" happen.

I got my fair share of bumps, cuts, bruises, and really near misses as a kid. We had an empty lot across the street, we were the last house on a dead end. Could ride our bikes from the top of the driveway to the huge ramp we built at the edge of the other side of the road and see how many of our friends we could jump over as they lay down behind the ramp! I cleared 6 guys once!!! No Helmut!! And if you happened to get hit by a car, it would have had to have been either my mom or dad!!! ALL, and I do mean ALL the neighborhood kids hung out at our house. Creek in the side yard, woods in the back yard, and there was that RAMP!!! They still live in that house, but sadly there is now a house across the street. Bummer.

[b]M Go Blue.......Gator boots, gator luggage, gator purses... all at cut rate deals!!!!

AT Cult Member #3 VIP Member R Addiction's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '99 Active Thunder Tantrum

Foul, your ramp story reminded me of a good one....We used to set up the ramp and line up matchbox cars and jump them to see how many you can clear...problem....if you land on them they have wheels and they take off and so did we a few times!! No wonder my legs and arms look like I was abused as a child!!

Registered Platinum Member Comanche3Six's Avatar

My Boats:
    Zodiac RIB
    Grand Haven, MI USA

You know what though, after last weekend it is good to be old It is up to us to instill these attributes in our children, they can have the same memories, just different.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567