Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone Familiar With Hutchinson Island, Fl. >

Anyone Familiar With Hutchinson Island, Fl.

Notices

Anyone Familiar With Hutchinson Island, Fl.

Old 01-15-2006, 01:37 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Anyone Familiar With Hutchinson Island, Fl.

A buddy has an ocean front place, Indian River Plantation. I'll be spending some time there in March if anyone is near. But I'd like some info on boating for next fall so I can begin planning.

Is there rack storage near by? How far is the boat ride to Miami? Any other boating/party place info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil
Old 01-15-2006, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts
Default Re: Anyone Familiar With Hutchinson Island, Fl.

No doubt you will get lots of input from the VIP Powerplay guys in Florida! HAHA. Hutchinson Island is about 100 miles north of Ft Lauderdale and 120+/- from Miami. You will find fewer go fast guys the further north you go so that area might be a little light on info. I am in Jupiter, about 50 miles south of H.I. and there are a few guys around here but definitely outnumbered by the CC fishing boats.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
No doubt you will get lots of input from the VIP Powerplay guys in Florida! HAHA.
Very funny...

Hopefully, a few pm's later peace has been made with all. It was interesting....

Anyhow, getting back to the point. Maybe the Tiger wouldn't be welcome that far up in that case. He, supposedly, has a killer place up there that would be cheap rent. Thought it would be convenient to have the Tiger near by stored so I could fly down a few times and enjoy. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by drypipetiger; 01-15-2006 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

I have a 2nd home in Ormond Beach (north of Daytona) and found that the rack storage places couldn't accommodate my 32 even in the summer! If you get into Palm Beach County there are several rack storage places but get ready for $16-18+ per foot plus tax ($800 per month++). I would get down here and scope out the place before shipping the boat. I would have to be really comfortable with the storage facility before leaving a built Tiger while you go back up north!
Old 01-17-2006, 07:55 AM
DJD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Neil
I have a place at Sailfish Point out on Hutch. Is. I actually turn right just after Indian river plantation & go to the end of the island. There are few go fasts up here but the marina of choice is Martin County Marina. That is where I kept my old Cigarette. Tom Nickerson is the owner.
There are several places to go by water which are close by. Send me an e-mail & I'll let you know more. I'm in FL right now & I forgot the charger for the lap top so I have to keep this short.
Dave