Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
4 years to get a Powerplay, is this true?? >

4 years to get a Powerplay, is this true??

Notices

4 years to get a Powerplay, is this true??

Old 06-22-2004, 10:24 PM
inquiring

Default 4 years to get a Powerplay, is this true??

I have been looking at the Powerplays built in Florida and heard from someone that some guy has waited four years and still has not got his boat?? Any info would be appreciated. I know they are a good boat but a little concerned about even thinking about depositing after hearing that.

Old 06-22-2004, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 4 years to get a Powerplay, is this true??

First post.....Hmmmmm...

I'll get the popcorn.......
Old 06-22-2004, 10:38 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Want some of mine?
Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2004, 10:38 PM
inquiring

thank you TooOld, that was a big help, I am new here and am learning the wat tehe site works. Looks pretty scary just oin the bankrupty information. maybe i will look at a used one. saw one in hot boat and it looks nice. some quick search on the intern et got me here and the rest looks pretty bad.

Last edited by inquiring; 06-22-2004 at 10:41 PM.

Old 06-22-2004, 10:44 PM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

True story. This is what I have been attempting to help people with. With all the other great Offshore Performance Powerboats out there, why would anyone even consider doing business with this guy?! There is a 38' PP deal that was consumated in July of 2000 & has never been delivered! This guy is fit to be tied to put it mildly. Another 38' customer, a wealthy elderly gentleman from Ohio, contracted in Febuary of 2002 & has yet to get delivery! Life is short. I hope he gets his boat before he expires himself?! There are others...But I hope everyone gets the point! Ed
Old 06-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I would be hesitant to buy a new one also...............I have a '97 that I love and it's alot cheaper than new!!!!!

Hi DAN, yes that was me that you talked to on the phone last week. thanks for the info on the boat. (Dan reads all these posts)
Old 06-23-2004, 07:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Risk Taker
First post.....Hmmmmm...

I'll get the popcorn.......
No offense Risk Taker, but now and then I think the board has to give new members a little credit when they ask questions like this (and I realize there have been some people in the past just out to cause a problem with no basis). This board is a great source of information, but it does seem like we have the immediate tendency to run new people off, when in my opinion, they are often asking the right questions. It wasn't that long ago that if anyone spoke negatively of Powerplay they were immediately attacked, and now look where the people are that never got the advice not to buy. Thanks to this board, Powerplay is on the top of my list with one other brand to pick up used. Awesome boats, but not worth the headaches of plunking down money to buy new and wondering if you're ever going to get a boat.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:04 AM
knotpropr

4 YEARS?
Is that an exaggeration?
How could it possibly take 4 years?

Old 06-23-2004, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by suncoast1
Semper,

Let me guess. Dan told you that he is actually owed money for a spot in the Powerplay booth that he gave OSO 2 years ago? Of course the real story is that he gave OSO the spot to help bring traffic to his booth and as another stall tactic for the money he owed a certain person that is tied to OSO. Let me guess, he also told you that everything that he reads on here is crap and that all his x employees are theives and stole from him?

FYI...
Dan hasn't mentioned a word about anything you are talking about. I was at the Miami show this year looking for a trailer for the 33' powerplay I just bought. I was talking to 2 specific trailer manufacturers about details and price for a new trailer.

Then I talked to Dan (at his booth) and he flat out lied to me about what I can get (options on the trailer) and the price. Dan said I couldn't get the options that I wanted unless I ordered the trailer from him--and only him. That's funny, because I talked to both the trailer manufacturers before I went to talk to Dan. They didn't even want his business, because of his bad reputation. Then I asked Dan about the swimstep on the back of the 33' at the show and he said he didn't remember the manufacturer's name and I could only get it from him.

He was also trying to jack up the price on both of these items alot! I can understand making a doller, but don't flat out lie to customers to make money or they won't come back. He was overloading the B.S. meter!!! He does build a great boat though.

Gerard
Old 06-23-2004, 12:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by knotpropr
4 YEARS?
Is that an exaggeration?
How could it possibly take 4 years?

I guess that it takes some resins longer to set up than others.

Quick Reply: 4 years to get a Powerplay, is this true??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.