Notices

so many choices

Old 06-29-2004, 11:33 AM
rookie_j

Default so many choices

we've been considering a 93-95 38' Fountain sport cruiser (not many around), the missus likes the cabin headroom. she likes my buddies 42 excaliber, but won't agree on anything below 1990 (??? don't ask me why).

so with all the different choices, how/why did you decide on the boat you have?

Old 06-29-2004, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: so many choices

If we all had it to do over again, we would just ride on your buddy's excaliber.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:57 AM
Registered

I have a 98 sport cruiser, great boat, it takes a lot of power to get it to run like a fountain should. For us the boat was a nice compromise between the amenities that she wanted and the performance I wanted. It was not until this year that the performance I wanted finally became reliable but that's another story. If I can be of any help to you PM me.

Kent
Old 06-29-2004, 12:03 PM
Steve_H

Sunseeker if you want to go kinda fast

Old 06-29-2004, 12:04 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Rookie-
I tried to PM you... You're not set up for PMs buddy.

Call me-
954-772-3338
I have three 38 SCS available..
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 06-29-2004, 12:06 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I would advise not purchasing an SC by Fountain. We spent some time on 43Thunder(Bill & Patti's) 47 Fountain SC with triple HP500s this past weekend.

I personally found it to be a little small for my tastes; albeit my entire hull would have fit inside their V-berth.

(just kidding) They are nice boats. Take at least two or three trips/looks at each boat you are interested in. Go over EVERYTHING. Get upside down in it, look for little spots that are clean, and not clean. Make sure EVERYTHING works, and I mean EVERYTHING. Make sure you sea-trial each boat. Compression check each cylinder on each motor, and leak down test if possible. Take lots of notes. Your choice will eventually stand out.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another good choice would be an older 43 Black Thunder, we liked that set up better, not many of those around either.
Ms PatriYacht
Old 06-29-2004, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sydwayz - We enjoyed seeing you this weekend.

rookie_j - Depends on what you want to spend.... We like head room, too. In the past three years, Bill and I have owned a Sonic, Black Thunder and now the Fountain. All have great head room. It's all about what you want. How fast do you want to go? Just take your time and look at all the boats you would consider....boat shows are a great place to do this.

Not sure how much the 38 and 47 SCs have in common...never really seen a 38 up close and don't know the standards vs. options on it. If we can answer any questions about our Fountain, we would be more than happy.

Patti and Bill
Old 06-29-2004, 12:35 PM
Banned

There is a guy in our boat club that has one. I've never been in the cabin, but he runs it everywhere and is never at the back of the pack. Trips in it. I do love the non skid walkway up the bow.
It's owned by Ronnie Piper of Piper Marine in Tampa. He's had it for quite a while, you might want to contact him if you have questions about that model boat.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:39 PM
rookie_j

they are all beautiful, just something about the fountains (and formula's)...

Tim G, you have a web site??

Quick Reply: so many choices

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.