Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which boat 36-39 foot boat is less likely to flip... >

Which boat 36-39 foot boat is less likely to flip...

Notices
View Poll Results: (Totally in gest here.)
Donzi
13.48%
Active Thunder
14.61%
Cigarette
39.33%
Formula
39.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Which boat 36-39 foot boat is less likely to flip...

Old 06-29-2004, 08:15 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Re: Which boat 36-39 foot boat is less likely to flip...

Shah Mat...

Old 06-29-2004, 08:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
The only real objection I have about steps is that they break up the "lines" and sleek look of an offshore boat. I am used to the "look" of a sleek Aronow boat without steps. I like the looks of a non-stepped boat better but can certainly live with the way things are if need be. My personal approach if given the option would be to not add steps and use advanced composite materials to significantly reduce weight. Carbon, Kevlar, Epoxy. If and when enough is used the price will surely fall. I know the pros and cons inside and out. Steps supposedly only give an additional 5-10 mph anyways, right? I always especially wondered why you would bother putting them on a cat that can hit high speeds due to aerodynamics easilly enough already. To an extent I would have to say I am a bit influenced by a previous thread where it was suggested and many agreed upon the fact, that steps are a marketing gimmick. Are they? A lighter boat with no steps and bigger engines if need be, appeals to me more but I realize that cost can be an issue. I can live with steps but hope the future holds promise open to other options.

Just my .02 I don't want to start the whole "step" thing all over.
Technically you are not starting it all over, the last time you had a different screen name (LPA2106).
Old 06-29-2004, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We know it's not AT since those have been in the news for that reason several times during the last couple of years... I am sure that it had something to do with the driver in any case!
Old 06-29-2004, 11:26 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Vyper, to my knowledge, the 37 we all believe to be the 600SC boat that went over in NY, is the first AT to be involved in such.

Do you remember the others? I would like to study up on my boat.

There was a HUGE post some time ago about an AT that went splash, but it turned out to be someone with no facts that was confused about the Audacity Racing Donzi skeg incident in a race.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 06-29-2004 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by craig223
Technically you are not starting it all over, the last time you had a different screen name (LPA2106).
Just remember this.... "Reggie reads these posts"....... .........
Old 06-29-2004, 11:54 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Joey/Audacity...

Two things happened in NY recently:

Wetkitty42 had a terrible accident with his 36' Apache on the NYC Poker Run. All survived, but the boat has seen better days. There was a thread or two about this.

Apparently, a 37AT, one which we believe to be the straight-bottom 37 formerly in VA, with 600SCs, staggered, capsized in Long Island Sound.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:18 PM
Registered

B,
did the stuff or bow steer and hook??? i did a search but came up w/nothing...do ya have a link for me?...do u have a pix of what wetkitty's boat looks like? i think i may know him?

maybe with the internet people will start to realize what can happen in a performance boat? STEP or NO STEP!!!!...it's a numbers thing!...give everyone a 400hp car or a plane and see what happens....look at a state like alaska...SO MANY crashes but a ton of people fly and many w/o a license....i know i crashed w/one of them in the bush! in a push-me-pull-me, a very reliable plane too!

we have beat this topic to death!...bottom line is; don't figure out what you or the boat can do when you have passengers...put a jacket and helmet on and go have at it on a low traffic day. most of the time your passengers will have the same leve of excitement/terror going 60 as they would 90! BE SAFE
Old 06-29-2004, 12:58 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Most has been removed from the board now for good reason. A lot of folks said uncalled for things.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ght=apache+nyc

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ght=apache+nyc
Old 06-30-2004, 01:52 PM
John NY

Originally Posted by dockrocker
36' Catalina. Very unlikely to "pitch, pole vault, barrel roll, stuff, ass-over-appetite, and launch its passengers and driver half-way to the moon and back?" especially at 4 knots.
Sailboat??
Attached Thumbnails Which boat 36-39 foot boat is less likely to flip...-sailboat.jpg  

Last edited by John NY; 06-30-2004 at 01:56 PM.

Old 07-01-2004, 07:30 AM
Registered

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=82205

Quick Reply: Which boat 36-39 foot boat is less likely to flip...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.