If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: (Totally in gest here.)

89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donzi

12 13.48%
  • Active Thunder

13 14.61%
  • Cigarette

35 39.33%
  • Formula

35 39.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Forum Regulator VIP Member Sydwayz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37' Active Thunder AVH; 17' Speedliner Cat OB

Re: Which boat 36-39 foot boat is less likely to flip...

Thanks Vyper340, but I think there has only been on AT to go over as such; that one, an older, staggered, straight bottom.

Allergic to Nonsense Platinum Member T2x's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
    Granite Quarry, NC

Quote Originally Posted by dockrocker
    I'm so confuzzled....
    No argument here................

Obsolete and proud of it

Registered User Shanghied Again's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Shanghied! 2004 Donzi 33 ZX
    Toms River NJ

There was a 37 AT, That barrel rolled in Florida a few years back, The boat is called Outlaw. 1000 Islands 2 years ago an AT almost rolled and threw 2 of my freinds out broke ribs. But Donzi, Cigarette, Formula, OL, Apache and so on will all do the same thing when your running a boat on the Edge.. Step bottom and Non step bottom all have had their share of stuffs and rolls, even experience cant prevent this. When the adrenilin kicks in and you run your boat hard almost anything can happen. We trim the boats out to get the most out of them and we run on a very small platform at this point you are vulnerble to wakes side currents and other boats when you are running close.

My Boats:
    Lumpy Old Resin Bucket
    Long Island

As we saw in the New York City Poker Run with the Apache. Apache is a GREAT built boat. I know friends with the same boat and have run side by side with them and it is a true deep vee like my Baja and you would think it can handle anything. But all boats have their limits on conditions by hull design and length, and all drivers have their limits my experience and speed.

I am not sure how fast they were running and I'm not implying anything here, just stating that speed is a big factor. At what speed would that accident have not happened? It could have easily have been anyone of us there at that exact place and time with the same results.

I agree if we were ideling we wouldn't of flipped

On a serious note My heavy non step wave crushing Apache hit a pretty big object in the water. Big enough and hard enough to rip the skeg off me #6 speedy & crack the upper casing on the drive. When 2 OL's passed us 1 on each side, this didn't help the situation. Their wakes collided in front of us and, from there we needed clearence from the local air traffic control tower. The rest is a blur & we are VERY lucky to be alive.

Yes, I agree it usually is the driver, sometimes the boat, and very well can be bad luck.

Yes, my Apache has seen better days, but there are very few if any boats that would of held up like that old resin bucket did. May she rest in peace.

Last edited by WetKitty42; 07-01-2004 at 10:26 PM.

Gold Member Gold Member Hydrocruiser's Avatar

Arrow Re: Which boat 36-39 foot boat is less likely to flip...

Quote Originally Posted by Reed Jensen
    Just remember this.... "Reggie reads these posts"....... .........

I keep telling everybody I am Hydrocruiser.

"During the U.S. assault on Iraq in 1991, the first wave of amphibious 33-foot "Rambo'' boats to hit the Persian Gulf was made by Fountain Powerboat Industries (FPWR). Although the leisure-boat market is its biggest draw, Fountain is a steady supplier of high-powered, high-speed boats to the U.S. government, mainly the Navy Seals, the Coast Guard, and federal law-enforcement agencies".

I have respect for Reggie as does President Bush Sr. He makes a good product for a reasonable price. I have been in a 35' and 42' Fountain and they looked and rode pretty good to me. I do like the feel of a 38' TG and the way it handles big water. Everybody has a personal preference. I am not a big fan of OL's. Not my kind of boat. I prefer non-stepped lightweight boats to heavier stepped boats. I would like to see some companies offer them. I think the day of epoxy light weight boats is around the corner. My opinion dosen't carry much weight around here anyways so who cares, right?
    Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 07-01-2004 at 10:24 PM.
    Support our President; Support our Troops.

My Boats:
    boat less

Quote Originally Posted by PatriYacht
    Famous last words: Hold my beer, watch this!

lmao!! i guess that's what brett said to bruce

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456