Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/82357-lake-champlain-milk-run-saturday-july-31st.html)

wwwTOPDJcom 07-30-2004 12:15 PM

Re: Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st

looks like were headed out should be about 5 hours or 6pm by the time I get to the peru Launch.

otis311 07-31-2004 01:11 PM

Hope you all are having fun as I sit home once again. Its been a long,long week with the boat not showing up as promised and then my truck caught fire Friday morning.

Shane and everyone else, Thanks for all the offers to get me there and back or to use your trucks to get the Fountain there. It just didnt work out for me to be there....AGAIN.

This sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

waterheater 07-31-2004 03:37 PM

Sorry to hear that Otis. Thats gotta suck. We were at the Turtle last night, about 10-12 boats. Windy, had solid 3's getting to the Boat Basin from Thayer Beach. Today, however, was interesting. We headed to Thayer from the Turtle, with a couple other boats, forecast said 2-4's but we had plenty of 6's going. Air and wet. So a dozen or so guys left around one and must have hit rain. Weather sucks around here.

masi242 07-31-2004 08:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gl, Thank you again for all your hospitality we had a great time we pulled out shortly after you started the run, yes the weather and Mrs. told me what to do.

Waterheater, nice to meet you, had a blast.

rain sucks :mad:

cuda 07-31-2004 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by OTIS311
Hope you all are having fun as I sit home once again. Its been a long,long week with the boat not showing up as promised and then my truck caught fire Friday morning.

Shane and everyone else, Thanks for all the offers to get me there and back or to use your trucks to get the Fountain there. It just didnt work out for me to be there....AGAIN.

This sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fountain?

mopower 07-31-2004 08:55 PM

Sorry I had to miss it myself , but have had two beautiful days here in Jersey :D

Yeah , yeah , I know....how can you have a beautiful day in Jersey? There , I said before anyone elsa could :D :D

penbroke 07-31-2004 09:10 PM

Sorry I didn't catch up with ya today. I stuffed pretty hard just north of Burlington on my way up from Shelburne and decided to wait in Burlington harbor. A couple boats came in then headed back north so I figured either something happened or you guys bagged it. I gotta get a VHF.

Frank :(
"We need a bigger boat."
-------------------------------------
We all live under the same sky.
But we don't all have the same horizon.

waterheater 08-01-2004 06:56 AM

Last i saw was around 10 minutes before the start, they were getting ready to go. I went to Malletts to pick up my son at the ramp, went back out and they were gone. And it started raining real hard so we went home.

Masi nice to meet you as well. We did have a good time. Little different out there yesterday wasnt it. Thought i was gonna have to change my underwear.

otis311 08-01-2004 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by cuda
Fountain?

Loaner boat from National (42 Fountain) until the Tiger gets fixed

NO BEAKS FOR ME ..THANK YOU

I want my Cigarette back

otis311 08-01-2004 08:13 AM

Im getting reports of 6 footers all day long. Can this be true ?? 35-37' boats going back on the trailers because it was too rough

WOW !! G.L Be careful of what you wished for. You wanted some rougher water, but that was a little more than what you bargained for.

I heard the Turtle was a good time though, and that the cat boys got a little more drinking time in due to the water conditions