Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st >

Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st

Notices

Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st

Old 08-02-2004, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st

I don't think your gonna see too many pics. with the 6 footers,,, we were all too busy holding on for dear life... all of the pics. posted so far must have been from friday or saturday after about 4 pm when the weather broke and there were mostly 1-3's..
Old 08-02-2004, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris288
Chris,,, I was the ONLY Sunsation on the " 4 pm run ",,, Kanook broke his drive about 1/2 way accros the bay and had to get help.. I had been talking with Joe just about the whole time we were at the turtle,, quite a character.. sorry I shoul have introduced ourselves to you,,, seemed nobody really knew who anyone was ...

Yes the ONLY sunsation out there ran great. Your boat looks and runs fantastic. Did youtake out at Peru when we headed back to the Turtle? The Sonic also took out then I believe. I had a great time. Yesterday was beautiful up there.
Old 08-02-2004, 12:03 PM
Registered

Chris, Thanks for the compliment,,, Your boat is real sweet also,, quite an upgrade from your Baja... The Sonic and myself were the only ones who put in at the Peru launch from our group. The 3 other boats that trailered up with us ended up driving to the Turtle.. I figured you guys were headed back to the turtle at the end of the run, we had people waiting for us back at L.G. would have liked to go back and hang out to shoot the Sh!t some more..

We trailed almost 6 hours and I was atleast gonna get out on that lake hell or high water.. pun intended.. A great time was had by all,,, just a very long weekend,, I felt like all I did was trailer the sunsation around for 3 days.. Carmel to L.G. on friday, L.G. to L. Champ. on saturday morning, back to L.G. saturday night, and L.G. to carmel sunday afternoon..

Sutphen,, I know what you meant,, ...

P.S. Lake George was absolutely gorgeous on sunday also,, Too bad the marine partol are such A-HOLES.... I launched and wasn't even in the water 30 second before officer DOOFY was headed over to give me a sound check... Our Sonic friend ended up getting a noise ticket right before we pulled out to go home last night .. A beautiful lake, but they target HP boaters and try to make it so miserable out there for you that you WON'T come back..

Last edited by Chris288; 08-02-2004 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-02-2004, 12:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

We had a good time. It was nice to meet some of the people from OSO. And the Turtle was great as always. Im happy to report that we are dry now and we have no broken parts. One of the guys with us did not drink but now he does. I think he said something about still having bad dreams. Thanks for the beers and the good time and thanks GL for another great effort.

Ed
Old 08-02-2004, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got home...7.5hrs on the road but it was worth it. GL, thanks again buddy. It was one hell of a boat ride I'll check the camera later and load anything that came out. Nice meeting some more OSO folks. Really had a blast. Got to go unload,clean and cover the boat now before it starts raining.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Registered

this is sonic 358-05

trying to load pics says to large any ideas on how to make them smaller?
Old 08-02-2004, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sutphen30
where are the pics of the six footers,so far all i've seen is glass did audiofn make it up there?

Here's one shot of a 6 footer from behind our boat. there is actually another boat back there somewhere but we're not sure where
Attached Thumbnails Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st-july-02-017.jpg  
Old 08-02-2004, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice sky in the background too - huh?
Old 08-02-2004, 08:37 PM
Registered

We were one of the five or six that made the turn out of the
cut We followed GLH up the unside of Colchester reef .At one point
I looked to my right and saw a Scarab pointing straight up into
the sky. the guy riding with me let out this little squeek after seeing the
Scarab when it went straight up for the second time So which one of you guys
had the Scarab with yellow in the paint? Shortly before Gl gave the sign to head to turtle my feet left the floor I think we hit a six to seven footer at about 45
thank god for a good grip ! We then turned and Steep Aside was no where
and being he was my wing man We went back to find them. ( had a coil wire
pop off) The women were back at Malletts bay so thats where we headed.
Congrats to whits end for making it back to burlington I guess that makes you
THE MAN ! Sunday was a great day for a run . put on around 150 miles.
Thanks GL for setting up the run! Hope weather is better next time .

roadrunner

p.s. Ed your scarab was flying .
Old 08-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Registered

Waterheater,

Yeh, I was out there in the mix. I'm trying to change my name on the forum to "Whack Kack" cause I must be. Going with the wind I was OK but when we turned around...OH BOY, time to pay the piper!!! It was a blast. MANY, MANY, MANY THANKS to Evil Twin for taking me for a ride in his 38 Top Gun. Peeled the skin off my face and drove home with a smile. What a blast! I met a whole bunch of really cool people. I'm hooked. I just booked a room for the Thousand Island run. Who's goin'?

Quick Reply: Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.