Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st

Notices

Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st

Old 08-02-2004, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st

Chris288,

Great to meet you and your wife. That's the problem with Lake George...that's why I told you about Great Sacandaga Lake. They don't call it "Great" for nothing. Evil Twin said there's a big party there on the first weekend after Labor Day. Giddy Up!
Old 08-02-2004, 09:35 PM
Registered

Chris288,

I don't want to dis Lake George completely, it is gorgeous. Personally, I've never had a problem there, even when I had my Skater. You have to know where and when to have your fun. I guess to me it's second nature because I know there is a strong potential for harrassment and I've seen it happen to others. I spend about 1/2 my time on LG and the other on Sacandaga. Besides, if I didn't clarrify my earlier statement I have a feeling Shane might disown me.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What a Motley Crue this is
Attached Thumbnails Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st-img_0421.jpg-resize.jpg  
Old 08-02-2004, 09:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Joe Remes
Waterheater,

Yeh, I was out there in the mix. I'm trying to change my name on the forum to "Whack Kack" cause I must be. Going with the wind I was OK but when we turned around...OH BOY, time to pay the piper!!! It was a blast. MANY, MANY, MANY THANKS to Evil Twin for taking me for a ride in his 38 Top Gun. Peeled the skin off my face and drove home with a smile. What a blast! I met a whole bunch of really cool people. I'm hooked. I just booked a room for the Thousand Island run. Who's goin'?
Joe we gotta hook up for the 1000 run, or at some point. The wife and i have talked about it and have checked rooms and nothing. Where'd you get one and whats your game plan? We may stay at Keewaydin if enough of the crew wants to go and theres room.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:46 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hell we have to sleep on the boat, it aint no cabin cruiser
we reserved dock space in Alex Bay get in Friday night, I sure hope there is a place to stick my trailer, the public trailer parking will be filling up I bet.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:09 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

here is Waterheater after we arrived from those 5,6,&7 footers
and this is Mallets Bay Area much more protected from the waves
if this give you a Idea what was on the other side of the bay

I would have love to gotten some pictures in the ruff stuff but could not hold the camera.
Attached Thumbnails Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st-waterheater.jpg  

Last edited by wwwTOPDJcom; 08-02-2004 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its funny how things work out. I suffered more damage making the "BeerRun" Sunday afternoon than I did in GL's Tiger Saturday. Kicked a dock cleat at Champlain marina way hard and now I have a couple broken toes. Its gonna be a long and painful day at the shop Oh well, it was worth it
GL, thanks again for the big water ride in the wave smasher of yours. I am sure my friend Rick will remember it for years to come, or until the bruising and swelling goes away atleast

Last edited by Airpacker; 08-03-2004 at 07:25 AM.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:01 AM
Registered

Joe, Your a piece of work,,, in a good way of course... It was great meeting you and your wife, she is a trooper just like mine..

I had heard all the horror stories about L.G.,, I had never been on the lake and wanted to see it, sure I was hassled, but in the long run it's gorgeous and I am not going to let officer DUFIS ruin my fun,,, just keep my mufflers on and keep it under 50,, and like you said, pick your spots to let her rip. Just hate feeling like a criminal because I own a hp boat... it's bad enough at home where i'm constantly harrased by the water patrol because we own jet ski's, being pulled over on a daily basis,,, on L.G. they really don't want either and they make it obvious..
Old 08-03-2004, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Whack Kack
Waterheater,

Yeh, I was out there in the mix. I'm trying to change my name on the forum to "Whack Kack" cause I must be. Going with the wind I was OK but when we turned around...OH BOY, time to pay the piper!!! It was a blast. MANY, MANY, MANY THANKS to Evil Twin for taking me for a ride in his 38 Top Gun. Peeled the skin off my face and drove home with a smile. What a blast! I met a whole bunch of really cool people. I'm hooked. I just booked a room for the Thousand Island run. Who's goin'?

Joe,

Anytime. I am glad you and your wife came out. She is very nice and like Chris288 said "she is a trooper"! I look forward to hooking up with you at 1000 Islands. Where did you get a room? Are you coming up to Sacandaga this weekend?
Old 08-03-2004, 08:52 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by waterheater
What a Motley Crue this is
In water like we had Saturday in the main lake, weight is your friend so in the cockpit I had;
Doc John / Eliminator 33
Chris and a friend / cowisl / Outerlimits 37
Sean & Brian /airpacker / Eliminator 25 Daytona
Dave / powerguy / Formula 33

and about 200 Gallons in gas.

We all had vests and had fun! The Cig took it like it was design too also. Ed & the bro's boats and the Fountain 38 are as clean under them as on top of them!

Quick Reply: Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.