Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st

Notices

Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st

Old 08-09-2004, 07:17 PM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st

I usually make one more weekend trip around Labor day or just after. Will let you guys know.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:56 PM
Registered

Hey, the water was fine when it was 6 footers or after 4 when they were 1-3, we had a blast the whole time. The wife didn't complain ONCE, I actually was quite impressed with her,, I usually get a " THIS SUCKS " outta her atleast once in big water... We did the whole 4 pm run at WFO throttle and she hung on like a trooper.

Like I said before, Wish I had met a lot of the people who were supposed to do the sat. run,, I didn't know until afterwards that Brian and a few others were there but didn't come out after 4.. Sat. night we headed back to L.G., I heard the weather at L.C. was very nice on sunday and a lot of guys made it out..
Old 08-09-2004, 09:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kanookstr
You forgot Kevin in his 20' Chris Craft. He was the smallest. He made it too Mallets bay then Came back and towed me into the Turtle

Claude,, didn't forget those guys,, I was talking about the 70 plus mph 4:30 WFO throttle run.. ( when you broke ) It got pretty choppy during some of the legs of the run,, that water would have eaten up a lot of smaller boats..
Old 08-10-2004, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris288
Claude,, didn't forget those guys,, I was talking about the 70 plus mph 4:30 WFO throttle run.. ( when you broke ) It got pretty choppy during some of the legs of the run,, that water would have eaten up a lot of smaller boats..

Chris,

Yes you stayed right into it! How about the one Scarab that had some major motors. My Top Gun was running 86mph and he drove (not walked) by me!!! I did like the smell of his fuel though!!
Old 08-10-2004, 09:35 AM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

LOL You don't know Kevin.. His cottage is next to mine up north. He made the trip down to the Turtle Sat morning with me in the 6' chop. I did give him an 1hr head start and still made it to the Turtle first. But to his credit, he did break his windshield on one of the waves Spent an 1hr with a shop vac at the gas dock when we arrived Don't tell him, but I don't think he knows his boat is only 20'...
Old 08-10-2004, 09:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Chris,

Yes you stayed right into it! How about the one Scarab that had some major motors. My Top Gun was running 86mph and he drove (not walked) by me!!! I did like the smell of his fuel though!!

Chris,, Your right,, they were FLYING.. Even though I only can do 68-72, for my size it was a blast in that water.. Wish the weather had cooperated and we had most of the 40 something boats show,, would have been awesome, running around L.C. with that many boats..
Old 08-10-2004, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Chris,, Your right,, they were FLYING.. Even though I only can do 68-72, for my size it was a blast in that water.. Wish the weather had cooperated and we had most of the 40 something boats show,, would have been awesome, running around L.C. with that many boats..

Sometime you should check out Sacandaga. I am sure you will have a good time (nightlife is crazy) and I can show you the lake. I am going back to Champlain very soon. I was impressed with it. I thought the ramps would have been a little better set up, but was still pleased.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Chris,

The sweet smell of av gas burning. The problem is the only time I get to smell
it is when I back off the lift.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:28 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Scarab105
The sweet smell of av gas burning. The problem is the only time I get to smell
it is when I back off the lift.

Ed did make up for last year's break... that thing ran like a rapped ape!
Old 08-10-2004, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey,, That SUNSATION was ME !!! Don't be taking credit for MY stupidity... Actually we did the 4:30 run with GL and the rest of the " BIG BOYS ". We were the smallest boat except for somebody in a cat and running at WFO the whole time,, running 69-72 mph for an hour and a half.. FUN FUN FUN.... can't wait for next year..
Did someone say "cat" ?
That would have been me Chris, the only cat to leave the turtle Saturday. And yeah, that run was fun. Got some serious hang time out in the main lake. Got her up over 80 and lost contact with earth for about 5 seconds. YEEEHAAAAAW Had to slow down to 60 something until we got behind Valcour Island, then it was go catch the big boys time

Quick Reply: Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.