Notices

Wiring question

Old 06-30-2004, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Wiring question

Thanks to all! You guys are awesome! I just found all the fuses and relays in my glovebox right where USA1 Fountain said they would be; plugged them in and walaaah, it worked.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:39 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SR-24
.......right where USA1 Fountain said they would be; plugged them in and walaaah, it worked.
Now would I lead you guys astray?
Glad to be of help.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:25 AM
Registered

Why do you guys think the trailer would reverse every once in awhile before I had all the fuses and relays plugged in? The only thing I can think of, and I noticed this the last two or three times it worked, but it seemed like I was always on a slope so the weight was pulling the trailer backwards and it may not have ever acuated the brakes in the first place.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:44 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 948 Likes on 477 Posts

well glad it was figured out. wish i could have helped ya better but ya know i'm more of a chevy guy. Now if Ford would just catch up on the interior dept i would be all over them cause i love the outside style of their trucks.....just hate the interiors!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-01-2004, 02:46 PM
Registered

I don't know about their diesels but I've seen some of their newer F-150's and they had some pretty nice interiors. I've always been a Chevy guy too, but I do like my Powerstroke.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:59 PM
Registered

Oh yeah, I don't know why they don't put all those fuses and relays in from the factory for you to be able to wire a brake controller or just a case like mine. I could've spent hours maybe even days tracing wires and I still wouldn't have found the problem.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

They don't put them in so the dealer can charge you $100 to do it !

I would have told you the factory left them in the glove box but I figured with the year of the truck that stuff would be long gone .....

My trailer customers are little pack rats . As soon as they drive offf the dealers lot ,they grab that bag of fuses and wire harness and put it in the house so no one can steel it ..... They don't even know what it is for . Then they bring me the truck the next day to wire it and there is no harness or fuses ......... And they wonder why I have to charge them more . I stock all the harnesses , relays and fuses ,for Ford ,chevy and dodge because of that . Glad you got it working ! The only way your brakes could have worked before is there was no pressure on them . Meaning you did not compress the coupler when backing up enough to make them work. I moved my buddys 38 fountain with no trouble .backed it up 2 or 3 times and then the last time it locked up .... Had to get out and put a bolt through it so I could back up .