Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A new Cigarette in the HRPA! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/82416-new-cigarette-hrpa.html)

thedonz 06-30-2004 04:54 PM

Re: A new Cigarette in the HRPA!

Originally Posted by BillR
I have been looking a long time for the "right" boat.

Well I believe I have found it.

Today I took delivery of a 2002 Top Gun TS w/ 575SCI's in it. Looks to be well cared for, although cabin & cockpit was dirty esp by my standards. Outside and motor box was spectacular.

As I write this The details from Waxing Frenzy are cleaning and detailing the cockpit and cabin.

Pics as soon as I get some.

Been wanting a Cig since I was 12, and that was a looong time ago.

Now anyone able to give me some tips on how much trim is needed when running? Any other tips will cetainly be appreciated

Bill,

My thought is you can never have too much trim when you are running the gun. I would start with four or five girls. If there is no problem getting on plane, then add two girls at a time until you feel a little overwhelmed, at that point, back off two girls. That should be enough trim. Good luck and let us know how it goes. You have a beautiful rig there, good luck.

Nauti-Props 06-30-2004 05:03 PM

CONGRATS!!!!!!
It's great to have a gun in the club. I also look forward to stretching the legs in the rough stuff....

jmackin 06-30-2004 06:20 PM

Congrats! Did you sell or trade your 34?

Macklin 06-30-2004 07:17 PM

I just left Bill at the marina doing what he does best......waxing with Frenzy! :D Beautiful boat! I am sure you will have it as clean as the PQ in no time. Those guys at Cumberland are going to be amazed when they see your boat.

Can't wait for the weekend so I can hear you go by!! :(

Congrats Bro!!!!!!

Havasu Cig 06-30-2004 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by BillR
No, 3ed stepped hull.

just figured some TG owners could give me some insight on what trim level is about right. When I sea trialed the boat, I didn't feel the props break loose as I gave more trim. I am sure there is a point of over trim, I would like to know about where that is.

I would check the drives with a straight edge to see where nuetral is, but our 01 TS likes to be trimmed about 3 1/2 when cruising and just over 4 when running flat out. This is in relatively calm water. Your trim indicator could be different depending on where nuetral is though.

Awesome boat, have fun!!

BillR 06-30-2004 08:53 PM

Thanks for the advice!

mcraymond3 06-30-2004 09:05 PM

That is a great looking boat. I saw it when I bought my Gladiator from Lake Cumberland. Aren't they good people to deal with!!

jtmiller02 06-30-2004 09:54 PM

mcraymond will you be going to the SBI races in Washington, NC during August?

I'm planning on going up and hopefully we will have a spot set up to sell the offshoreonly stuff with one of the race teams. My dad works right near Jacksonville at Henry's Tackle Co. I think their office is actually in Swansboro or one of those little towns right there south of Morehead. Once they move up there full time I will probably be spending more time there when I can.

bajabob38 07-01-2004 09:59 PM

Bill, Glad to see your dream come true, You have a great looking Boat there!!That thing should be getting you up in the high 80's to 90's :cool:

stecz20 07-01-2004 10:43 PM

bill, good stuff. good luck with her...