If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Charter Member #1055/Moderator Charter Member GO4BROKE's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Sonic 386
    I  Voted

Re: Okay - I need some feedback; boat issues

I've heard of hulls being replaced and rigged from the old boat. Thats what I would demand. Take it out on Ontario and "loosen up" the repairs. I would have your lawyer contact the factory and bring up the loss of resale value, liability for injuries from a hull failure, liability for enviromental damage from a sinking etc. If warranty runs out and a problem persists that warranty has tried to fix several times, that particular problem should still be covered. Ride them and don't settle for less than a new hull if that is the only fix. Have you had Fast Forward look at it? Matt and Scott could give you good advice as to what the proper repair should be. They are the only ones allowed to touch my boat. Good Luck!

My Boats:
    '84 fountain 10meter
    rochester, ny

You aren't related to Bill Zahn by any chance? I understood that his son went through the same problem with a 29 Outlaw. I could be wrong, but I was led to believe that Baja gave them a "New" (new hull?) boat.

Good Luck.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Steve 1's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Slippery when wet!
    Beautiful Fort Lauderdale

Another thing you can do is find one that has had no problems and Shoot that hull with a ultrasonic thickness checker for a base reference and then check the same areas in your boat.. That way if there was a major ERROR Aaahh like something missing you would have the proof

Avoiding shooting the repairs of course..Personally sounds like a Serious shop related problem as in the laminate missing or spliced improperly..Resin not up to it's Barcol spec..

These thickness testers are common I have one with Video BTW Engine guys have them also you just have to change the velocity.

In closing a fiberglass repair done to industry standards IE scarf ratios and etc is stronger than the parent part ;LOL as long as you have something to work with..

Be careful with it I do not like the fact that is is working open

Safe Boating and My Best Regards..
    Slippery when wet. "POD" Free Tunnel through Common Sense Engineering

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12