Notices

4th of July Damage Report

Old 07-06-2004, 10:10 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 4th of July Damage Report

$hitters Broke!!! (sounds a little like "Christmas Vacation") Toilet wasn't made in House at AT Brian, or it could have handled that little speed bump!!
Old 07-06-2004, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ran Great!!!

I'll try to break it again next weekend!!!
Old 07-06-2004, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't break anything, but I didn't fix anything either. I found and cured the flooded starting problem last week. This weekend I made some progress on the port motors lack of top end power by blowing out the carbs. Unfortunately it's still not 100%, so have put a local Yamaha mechanic on the calender for next week. I've "had" the boat for a couple of months now, and have only had it up on plane twice. Sure hope I get it all behind and can still get some real use in this year.

-Greg
Old 07-06-2004, 12:16 PM
Registered

2 am 4th of July.... sitting at my PC looking at OSO... somebody tries to get in my back door. Jumped up, grabbed mag light, flipped on the outside floods and there are 3 or 4 perps at my back door. I had put my truck in the garage for protection from fireworks fallout a couple hours prior, and the dumbazzes from a couple doors down decided I was gone, and that they will try to get in.

1 or 2 got away. 2 decided to run toward my BACK fence. (6 foot stockade, bad idea.) They finally broke/climbed the fence, but not before I got a good ID, (and the left shoe of one of them).

The 2 that broke my fence were apprehended by Toledo Police and arrested.
Hint to prowlers: If you lose 1 shoe in the commission of a crime, go ahead and dump that other shoe. This is called the OJ rule.

If the fence is worth more than 500.00 it's a felony.
I still can't believe that they got caught. The cops had to have been super busy, but they take it pretty seriously when someone attempts a break in. They showed up quick and spread out. Set up a fake checkpoint at the north end of the street, and then caught the perps at the south end of the street. Two middle aged female cops caught two 19 year old punks with a 10 minute head start in a good sized neighborhood. Smart cops. Dumb prowlers.

When the one cop saw the shoe, she said "hey look, he found cinderella's shoe."
(Cinderella, as she called him, was in cuffs already.)

it was broken during the 4th of July, does it count?
Old 07-06-2004, 12:23 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

fund razor... Great story, great because they got caught and nothing was stolen. Glad they ran away one on four are not good odds. To bad they are your neighbors though. Geeezzeee...
Old 07-06-2004, 12:39 PM
Registered

I think I have found a new home already...
at least the listing looks good.
just minutes from my dock...

Screw my neighborhood.
Time to go.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:51 PM
Registered

Not trying to be a hard azz or anything, but they ran for a reason.

I was one pissed off homeowner. I'm not a giant, but I can't fly coach or buy clothes off the rack either, if you know what I mean... with an adrenaline kick going... they tried to fly over that fence. There wasn't going to be any 4 on 1. They weren't "real" criminals. I've met scary crooks. These were drunk kids.

I'm more concerned about future vandalism than personal safety. They can't take me, and they know it, so they'll probably take it out on property.

I'm getting an estimate for $495 (misdemeanor) and an estimate for over $500 (felony). If I get any crap from any of them, I go with the higher estimate and they can be somebody's new girl in prison.

I ran with a rough crowd when I was young. We were still smarter than these punks. (Rougher too... and still no arrests.)

Glad that they don't have access to the boat.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Well, once again we didn't get the boat out. Just as well as I can't afford to break it. We save money up to get the Blazer fixed. That was $600. Then the diesel took a digger. That was $800. Then Chester stepped in a gopher hole while running at full bore. That was on the 4th. We finally found a vet that was open on the 5th. He managed to break both the bones in his leg. They splinted the leg, but couldn't set it. That was $180. We went to our vet this morning and they are going to set it. That's $480. Then he has to get the cast replaced twice. More $$$. At this rate, I can't afford to go boating.
Attached Thumbnails 4th of July Damage Report-chester4-oso.jpg  
Old 07-06-2004, 01:48 PM
Bankshot242LS

Snapped a ALT bracket in half, and broke a trim pump bracket as the weather sucked and the lake was not calm, trying to beat the rain to get back to port. But I saw worse. small repairs already done and ready for next weekend.

Old 07-06-2004, 02:18 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No damage as such , but overnighted my carbs to Quick Fuel Tecnology in Bowling Green Ky today to try to figure out why I'm going rich top end

Poor puppy

Quick Reply: 4th of July Damage Report

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.