Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   teaching an old dog new tricks (graphics) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/82617-teaching-old-dog-new-tricks-graphics.html)

glassdave 07-05-2004 12:30 AM

Re: teaching an old dog new tricks (graphics)

if ya cant beat 'em TRASH 'em :D :D . . .too funny. actually i didnt see any of the fire works. got there to late. :rolleyes:

i have same rotation alphas on mine and it doesn't pull at all. i do tabbing by the way. and pretty much any other glass stuff. looks like the difference between your boat and mine is just the wind shield. rest of it looks the same.

puder 07-05-2004 01:02 AM

looks good!!!!!!!!!

Wasabe 07-05-2004 01:53 AM

Do you have any pics of the process... I would like to see them... as I'm sure everyone else would too. Nice job!

fund razor 07-05-2004 08:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the other Chris we were talking about:

fund razor 07-05-2004 08:27 AM

I thought it looked pretty fresh til I saw Dave's new paint.
Wah. Mine looks like an eighties boat again. Where's Crockett and Tubbs?

Picture it dirty as heck because of Dave.

glassdave 07-05-2004 09:41 AM

:p :p look at that old thing. . . . :D :D mash the throttles and crank up the Jan Hammer. :D :rolleyes:

hmmmmm . . interesting results so far. my trailer and Allan4 are in a dead heat with looks good :cool: an for some reason :D asmith thinks my boat is a tub :p :D

WickedWon 07-05-2004 03:26 PM

Damn it Dave, I hate polls cause you can only vote for one ! Tough choice between 1,4,5 & 6 so I went to the default mode and voted for the Putz, just kidding. Hell yeah it looks a ton better, it's gonna get alot a second looks now, but forget the fairing and get the bottom shaped up. The nexy guy ain't gonna pay ya for the huge amount of time the fairing will take but you will get your money ( time) back on the bottom. Looks good, see ya at LEOPA.

JD

thisistank 07-05-2004 03:39 PM

Dave,

Is there a special paint you have to use or is it basically car paint? Is the process like painting a car or is there some special steps you need to take?

Madcow 07-05-2004 04:42 PM

BIG improvement looks cool.

glassdave 07-05-2004 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Madcow
BIG improvement looks cool.

than why'd ya vote "not crazy about it" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . . didnt think i'd know huh . . .you . . you . . . . :hothead: :p :rolleyes:

Tank- the process is very similar to high end automotive paint jobs. i use PPG's MBC base coat with 2021 urethane clear. i dont think there is anything to dramatically different from painting cars. just have to make sure it is well preped and i use a epoxy sealer as some insurance that i have the best bond possible.

WW- actually my boat was originally grey so im kinda stuck with the color differance on the bottom for now. may have to go back to a high performance bottom paint besides with the way the Maumee is it might be for the better anyway. see ya in a few weeks at the poker run. thanks for the compliments. geeze . . Allan4 is starting to catch up:D