Notices

Am I dreaming or what?

Old 07-16-2006, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Am I dreaming or what?

I finally got a chance to read my new Powerboat today, only to find an incredible article called “DRAGON FLIES”. When I say incredible, I mean incredible in the sense of the most outrageous form of stupidity and ripoff combined in modern day times!

It seems that the buyer of a brand new and very expensive boat was not satisfied with the performance he was promised, so he went and forked out ANOTHER $200,000.00 (that is another two hundred thousand dollars) to a speed shop to make it right so he could get the performance he was orignially promised.

The situation is so ridiculous that I don’t even know where to begin to address the absurdity of it all. It would seem that the buyer never drove the boat before he bought it or he would have absolutely noticed the lackluster performance. Perhaps the gorgeous model that Cigarette employs, you know the one in the thong bikini with the incredible sex appeal... adorned with diamonds around her naval, switched teams and became a salesperson for Dragon. This is the only reason that I can think of on short notice that could possibly induce a seemingly intelligent buyer to fantasize to this extreme. Based on this alone, this magnificent boat should perform to the buyer’s expectations! After looking at the pictures in the article, I myself was duly impressed with the paint job. Therefore, this boat must really perform!? Why go for a test ride, the buyer read the brochure, the boat is the newest technology, the statement on the homepage of the Dragon Powerboats website even encapsulates the excitement to its zenith, “It’s here….. the performance powerboat you were promised….
Old 07-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Am I dreaming or what?

I read that also and could not beleave that the boat only did in the 70s to start with. and the guy didn't just return the boat to Dragon and tell them to stick it you know where. and then spend another 200k and his wife was happy!!!!!!!!! where can I find one of those. There is something very wrong with that picture. I also find it odd that Dragon has let it be told in power boat. do you think anyone will buy one now?
Old 07-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might want to read this thread

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ghlight=dragon
Old 07-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Registered

Ooops, I forgot to mention that on Dragon's website on a page called "Principal Characteristics" it emphatically states -

Speed Estimate: 90 mph and up

Old 07-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
so very sorry did not see that other thread and just read the mag today out on the boat, a friend gave me the mag to read. I don't have a sub. sorry
Old 07-16-2006, 08:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Thanks for the heads up Racegirl. I just read the entire thread and I can't stop laughing. It makes my initial post even more realistic. We as a group had better wake up and smell the coffee!
Old 07-16-2006, 08:57 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmic12
so very sorry did not see that other thread and just read the mag today out on the boat, a friend gave me the mag to read. I don't have a sub. sorry

No problem. Just tryin to help
Old 07-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah pretty amazing (in a bad way). I just shake my head and move on.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Guys! The owner of the boat purchased the boat new from Dragon and was NOT rigged by Dragon. I believe (not 100% sure) that the original riggging was done by Tres Martin. Apparently there is alot more to this story than we know.

Let's cut the owner some slack here....he bought the boat of his dreams and maybe it wasn't all he expected or what Dragon promised. He did have the boat re-rigged by Bob Teague and put in some big power and 6's and now the boat rocks to say the least. It is an unfortunate situation, but do any of us know all the facts? No we don't.

In the end, the owner is a very happy customer and that's what is important

Last edited by Semper Fi; 07-18-2006 at 01:22 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Guys! The owner of the boat purchased the boat new from Dragon and was NOT rigged by Dragon. I believe (not 100% sure) that the original rigging was done by Tres Martin.

Let's cut the owner some slack here....he bought the boat of his dreams and maybe it wasn't all he expected or what Dragon promised. He did have the boat re-rigged by Bob Teague and put in some big power and 6's and now the boat rocks to say the least. It is an unfortunate situation, but do any of us know all the facts? No we don't.

In the end, the owner is a very happy customer and that's what is important
I hear you Semper Fi, except for one thing you said, "that's what is important."That is not what is important! What is important is the fact that the buyer screwed and he let the manufacturer off the hook, the rigger off the hook and finally got his a** reamed by a speed shop to the tune of $200K. If we as a group continue to let the marine industry treat us like second class citizens, then this type of thing will become commonplace.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.