Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What do your passengers do while underway? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/82705-what-do-your-passengers-do-while-underway.html)

GLH 07-06-2004 01:41 PM

Re: What do your passengers do while underway?

Intercom????
Who wants to hear anyone's fu@kbox when your having fun running your rig.

Airpacker 07-06-2004 02:15 PM

Usually somewhere between 70 and 90 they seem to get the death grip on the handles and just shut up :)

aero-offshore 07-06-2004 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Usually somewhere between 70 and 90 they seem to get the death grip on the handles and just shut up :)

Yep! gonna have to get new grab bars, all the anodizing is wearing off :)

boatfreak 07-06-2004 02:44 PM

Mine are usually spilling there beer after I just told them that they can NOT hold an open beer while I'm running. Now the next question would be, What is my crew doing when I stop the damn boat?

BLee 07-06-2004 02:50 PM

They are sitting down, AND SHUTTING THE HELL UP.

I can't stand it when someone tries to carry on a full conversation with me while we are underway! I'm driving, leave me alone! :blaster: :D :D

robyw1 07-06-2004 02:59 PM

They scream over the engine until I nail it, then they shut-up and hold on.

Roby

lucky strike 07-06-2004 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by PokerRunGunT/S
They are sitting down, AND SHUTTING THE HELL UP.

I can't stand it when someone tries to carry on a full conversation with me while we are underway! I'm driving, leave me alone! :blaster: :D :D

I couldn't open my mouth at 92!!! :D :D

LS JR.

GLH 07-06-2004 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by lucky strike
I couldn't open my mouth at 92!!! :D :D

What's important is that SHE opens her mouth.

MitchStellin 07-06-2004 03:21 PM

All drinks gone,all sit or stand with a grab bar. Both hands free to hold on. I don't like "talking" or yelling, I always think there is something wrong and they are trying to tell me. Screeming is a big one, you screem when you are dieing...not for fun. No one trys to go below, one wave and they are on the floor or hitting their head on something. Just enjoy the ride. I even get things set up with trim an planes, keep it at 3500 and let them take it for a while. I then crawl all over looking for loose stuff and listen to the engines sing. As long as they just steer it is fine. No waves or traffic, just open Lake and they love it.

powerguy 07-06-2004 03:22 PM

I just love it when people on the boat want to start a conversation with me when I am docking....especially into a tight spot with a lot of current.