Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Skater 399 Pleasure V-Bottom (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/82803-skater-399-pleasure-v-bottom.html)

Hydrocruiser 07-07-2004 04:24 PM

Skater 399 Pleasure V-Bottom

I would like info from anyone who has run the pleasure version. Skater says HP 525EFI's will push it over 100 mph. I don't know of any 40'er that will do a 100+ with 525's do you? Sounds like a great boat to own as it goes so fast with very reliable power. Apparently just introduced.

DPT MOTORSPORTS 07-07-2004 10:11 PM

Re: Skater 399 Pleasure V-Bottom

2 Attachment(s)
I do not have any test stats on the boat other then the fact that the first time at the Lake in race trim with 525's and Bravos it ran over the 100mph mark. Then the boat was known as In-contempt/Lake Cumberland. The following year it was run as Spider-man as it still is. The boat will be a very nice piece and if I had the $$$$'s available to me I would be buying one myself.

mpally 07-07-2004 10:40 PM

I think he was referring to the pleasure setup, not race.

DPT MOTORSPORTS 07-07-2004 10:51 PM

Pleasure setup will be probably lighter then the race-boat because of lack of canopy but then again with all the added interior and features you might be right at the same weight. The only thing that may slow it down a little more is if you went with the dry sump #6 Drive from Mercury do to the weight difference in the #6 and a Bravo. Hands down there is no V Bottom manufacturer who I believe can match the performance of the Skater 399 V.

Formula Outlaw 07-08-2004 07:37 AM

It's a Skater, how much more needs to be said.

SummerObsession 07-08-2004 07:45 AM

But, it's one of those evil marketing gimmick, STEP bottom, unstable at any speed V-bottoms!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D

But it is built East of Denver, so maybe that makes up for it! :drink: :D :eek:

Oh, and it is also my ultimate dreaam boat! :D

SummerObsession 07-08-2004 09:11 AM

:drink:

Originally Posted by Troutly
Oh my gosh!! Skater fell for the step bottom marketing gimmick. Say it isn't soooooooooooooooooooooooo! :drink:

PS....Summer O.....you'd look good pimpin around in that!

Yes, I would!!!
Then again, so would anyone else in the world! :drink:

CIG3 07-08-2004 11:29 AM

Check out www.dragonpowerboats.com Craig and Scott are building a really nice piece. First boat is in my Mentor, Ohio runs 95mph all day will 525's cabin full of fuel. Great looking boat too.

Quiet Storm 07-08-2004 12:30 PM

Could this be the next worlds fastest V bottom?

I'm sure other people are asking the same thing. :rolleyes:

Formula Outlaw 07-08-2004 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm
Could this be the next worlds fastest V bottom?

I'm sure other people are asking the same thing. :rolleyes:

I don't gamble much, but I wouldn't bet against it.