Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Computer died, no OSO for two days. >

Computer died, no OSO for two days.

Notices

Computer died, no OSO for two days.

Old 07-07-2004, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Computer died, no OSO for two days.

Welcome back. Two days is a pretty long time so If need be I can talk you through your withdrawls. That what friends are for.

Roby
Old 07-08-2004, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roby, that's what's so great about this place. NO matter what the problem, help is only around the corner.

This morning I was able to get up, turn the coffee machine on, turn the new computer on walking past to let the dogs out, walked back to the computer and it was already set to go. Unreal. On the previous model, from start up to OSO was about four minutes of waiting. This took under 10 seconds.

And for the moment, all is right with the world.

My wife was giving me so much chit about not having OSO. She was unmerciful. About every two hours she'd ask if I wanted her to call 911 for medical help. Just wait until her favorite decorating show on tv is on over the weekend, I expect a temporary tv "outage" of some mysterious nature. He he he.........
Old 07-08-2004, 07:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome back, Russ! Now better than before.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:05 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=Formula Outlaw]This morning I was able to get up, turn the coffee machine on,QUOTE]

ARGGGHH You had to go and mention coffee. I'm trying to give it up. Well there is always tomorrow.

Roby
Old 07-08-2004, 10:42 AM
Registered

Roby, don't feel too bad. Caffein (way too much) caused my kidney stones. I am now limited to no more than two cups per day and no caffein in any other manner. Also no more "colored" soda. All soda has to be clear and caffein free.

Which, after what I just went through, is FINE with me.

Try mixing caffein and decafe half and half for a week or two, that helped a buddy of mine who had to give up caffein altogether due to stomach problems.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:03 PM
Registered

Actually I'm okay with the caffine but I started drinking the expensive stuff and loved it too much. I was buying the Starbucks brand and drinking 2 cups in the morning. The expresso flavor really got things racing in the morning but by about 10-Am I felt like I needed 8-hours sleep. I just can't drink the folgers stuff anymore so I'm giving it up. Not to take away from your computer thread but my girlfriend drinks that Nouriche yogurt stuff. Because I was desperate I started drinking those because they were there. I don't know what it is but since then i have been more alert and clear thinking all day. I hope it is not a women's drink that will make me grow breast or anything but it is pretty good.

Roby
Old 07-08-2004, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

why no color??? only clear fuel?
Old 07-08-2004, 12:28 PM
Registered

Roby: if you start growing "melons", MitchStellin will be watching

Open: apparently the coloring in soft drinks can also cause formation of kidney stones. After what I've been through the only things I would NOT give up would be sex and boats (and at particular times not necessarily in that order). Mine were analyzed and it was determined they were caffein based. But once you develop them, you are prone to get them again, so any and all things known to cause them I QUIT. No one should have to go through what I did with those damn things. The only anology I can come up with is the scene in the movie "Highlander" when the big bad guys sticks the guy with the guns through the stomach with that huge broadsword and then lifts him up in the air. It's THAT bad. When Deb took me to the hospital I was so tensed up from the pain they could not insert a needle in my right arm to start an IV, they had to go to the back of my left hand. They tried five different places and couldn't get the needle to puncture the vein. Twarn't fun at all.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

you make that lower back surgreory i had - sound like a dental cleaning
Old 07-08-2004, 03:14 PM
Registered

On December 1, 1988, my bike slid over a frozen manhole cover, streets were fine. I was going maybe 7 mph. The front wheel turned against the fork stop, when it hit the dry pavement it just catapulted me. I landed on my left shoulder. Remember, the shoulder is a "ball and socket" joint. I broke the ball off the end of the bone into four pieces and fragments, and the socket into three pieces and fragments. A surgeon from the NFL assisted my surgeon and they opened me up, everybody put a finger on the bones holding them in place, they drilled over fifteen hundred holes in the bones and tied the whole shoulder back together. I was only the second person ever to have this particular surgery. They told me there was a chance I might never touch my face with my left hand again. Due to this particular surgery being so new, they were not sure how far back I could get it. I approached my two years of physical theraphy with a line from the movie "The Outlaw Josie Wales". Sometimes you've just got to get "mad dog mean". That's what I did. It took four years, but today I never really realize it'd ever been broken.

The kidney stones were so much worse.

Quick Reply: Computer died, no OSO for two days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.