Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Help me sell Cigarette's mailbox on E Bay (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/82841-help-me-sell-cigarettes-mailbox-e-bay.html)

T-N-T Sales 07-08-2004 01:05 AM

Help me sell Cigarette's mailbox on E Bay

I have been asked by an associate of mine to list some artifacts from "Thunderboat Row" on E Bay. Namly the mailbox from the Cigarette factory that was recently pictured in an artical in Powerboat magazine. My question is where to list it? and how to make it stand out. The boat memoribiela and collectables section has so much junk you would never find it. I thought to list it under boats 28' and over, in the "Cigarette" catagory. What do you think? I would really like to help this person as I feel the proceeds would go to benifit a good cause. He said something about supporting dancers? Anyway, your input would be greatly appreciated.

OldSchool 07-08-2004 06:27 AM

Re: Help me sell Cigarette's mailbox on E Bay

Originally Posted by T-N-T Sales
I have been asked by an associate of mine to list some artifacts from "Thunderboat Row" on E Bay. Namly the mailbox from the Cigarette factory that was recently pictured in an artical in Powerboat magazine. My question is where to list it? and how to make it stand out. The boat memoribiela and collectables section has so much junk you would never find it. I thought to list it under boats 28' and over, in the "Cigarette" catagory. What do you think? I would really like to help this person as I feel the proceeds would go to benifit a good cause. He said something about supporting dancers? Anyway, your input would be greatly appreciated.

:D :D :drink:

CigDaze 07-08-2004 07:15 AM

Why not make an OSO auction?? Where else can you find 20,000 focused offshore boating members in one place?? ;)

dkwestern 07-08-2004 08:59 AM

I like Bajas idea, why go anywhere else, it will just be the same people form here bidding on it anyway.

T-N-T Sales 07-08-2004 05:17 PM

I had planed to use OSO's auction for this and several other items. However nobody is using it. It's a shame to see it not being used, it's a great idea. Seems as though the swap shop section is where OSO'ers are going to sell their goods. I've got a collection of used Lifeline race jackets, I'll put one on the OSO Auction and see if anybody responds.

Jonas 07-08-2004 07:55 PM

i bid 100-

BARCOASTAL 07-08-2004 09:25 PM

:drink: :drink: :drink: I'm in at $125. ...it would look awsome on the wall at the bar

Phknlwyr 07-08-2004 10:45 PM

Stick Fuggs in the mailbox and take a picture. It will sell in a heartbeat.

open87 07-08-2004 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Too Old
I'd list it in the "boat parts, memorobilia" section. I check it all the time.

No need to worry about people finding it. I can assure you that plenty of people type "cigarette" into the search feature daily.

actually , on ebay "cigarette racing" or "don aronow" will get you the items listed, kinda bummed , bought a medallion from brownie for a 100 and he has them on ebay for 60. :(

Cord 07-09-2004 08:17 AM

It really doesn't matter where you put it. Somebody just has to turn it up with the search. The key thing is what you put in the title. You can then name drop in the description every boat and boating related person that you can think of. Just separate the name dropping from the product description. Knowing that this could be a big ticket item, you may even want to pay extra to have it bumped up to the top of the page or even have it listed on the ebay home page.