Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Milwaukee Race! Patrol boats and pit area help needed. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/82864-milwaukee-race-patrol-boats-pit-area-help-needed.html)

Waterfoul 07-09-2004 04:58 PM

Re: Milwaukee Race! Patrol boats and pit area help needed.

I'm one of Cord's friends that likes to cruise around and check out the action. BUT, I'd love to help out if it works out for everone Tim. Talked to Vickie today, she would love to come over for the weekend. At this time, count us in! We could be a corner boat or something.... chase down that loose bouy faster than you can say "it's loose," unlike last year. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mrs Cord 07-09-2004 06:36 PM

Well, alrighty then! Sign me up OT. Still need the description of what I'd be doing. Corner boat would be nice. Hint, hint. :D

Waterfoul 07-09-2004 10:44 PM

Say it with me.... corner boat.... corner boat.... corner boat.... corner boat..... :D

Cord 07-12-2004 10:56 AM

Mark, Let me know the details.

MnFastBoat 07-12-2004 12:54 PM

I would like some details also

PLEASE :)

OshkoshThunder 07-12-2004 02:04 PM

Ok guys and gals - thanks for the responses - here are the details:

You can get general schedule information at apba-offshore.com. Click under the 'Milwaukee' link.

ONSHORE:

We are looking for a crew of 15 people per day to work on land with responsiblities to include crowd control, race boat staging, help with craning boats in and out, information center help, and anything else that may come up. We would like you to be available for a daily shift. I am hoping that we can get enough help that would allow us to give everyone the opportunity to walk around once in a while and check out the event, however, if you sign up, we are expecting you to be able to be available thourghout the day to jump in where help may be needed. Parking for volunteers will be available at the race site.

OFFSHORE
We need 25 general patrol boats for the Saturday and Sunday races to be on the course by 11:00 am until approximately 4:00 pm. This is by far the best seat in the house. We also need medical boats that will have a diver, EMT, and possible one other person on the boat to assist in the event of an accident. We are also looking for 6 bigger boats, to be corner and start/finish boats. These boats would be on the order of a 30 foot or more Carver, Sea Ray, etc with a bridge. Launching will be available at Mckinley Marina and trailer parking will be available at the race site.

I will post more detailed info soon. If you are interested in helping in any area please send an email to [email protected] indicating when you would be able to help (Friday, Saturday, Sunday), your name, address and best phone to reach you, and if you want to work onshore or offshore. We appreciated any and all help. If you have never worked a race before, get ready for a lot of fun around some pretty impressive hardware, and being part of the scene with the race teams. There will also be a get together for the working staff where you will have an opportunity to mingle wth the race teams. Boats that you can expect to see in Milwaukee this year include Pair-a-Dice, Bacardi Silver, Callan Marine, and the Lucas Oil Scarab just to name a few. TIA

Mark Lee
[email protected]

Waterfoul 07-12-2004 02:44 PM

Mark, I'll speak for Cord since I know his boat pretty well. It's a 26' cat with a big, loud motor in it. I can tell you that he will not want to be idling about all day and would prefer to be an anchored boat, perhaps one of the boats marking the spectator fleet near the pits, as we saw several of those last year. We'd be willing to chase down the wayward corner bouys!!

Mike

Cord 07-12-2004 03:51 PM

Yea, I think we could handle the corner bouy detail! lol That one boat that we were watching last year must have been a patrol boat. He was anchored for most of the event and only pulled up twice. Once for the wayward bouy and the other for a stray boat. I'd be happy to take on that roll. I'd love to be a medical boat, but I just don't have the room for another 3 people and their gear.

MnFastBoat 07-12-2004 05:46 PM

Count me in :)
doesn;t matter to me
Land or water. Just need enough notice to make plans to pull the boat out.
28' Cat with twin 502's
can hold 5 people

Waterfoul 07-12-2004 06:40 PM

Heck, I don't really care where they put us, but I'm such a people person, I would love it if they put us between the spectator fleet and the course near the pits!! LOL!!!

Oh and Tim, want me to bring my anchor along also?