80hp & 72ft Lbs Of Torque Gain By Mesa Balancing Check It Out >

80hp & 72ft Lbs Of Torque Gain By Mesa Balancing Check It Out

Notices

80hp & 72ft Lbs Of Torque Gain By Mesa Balancing Check It Out

Old 07-09-2004, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 80hp & 72ft Lbs Of Torque Gain By Mesa Balancing Check It Out

Now that we found a web site with our own interest. We want to show what we are about. I have been modifying carb's at Mesa balancing since the 80's. Every carb that we install on our engines we fine tune. In the last two weeks I have been working on a pair of MB600 and using an intake I had not use in the past because I have always used a different combination. Using a Holley 9022 which I have used hundreds of times. We started researching to find power and between the carb and serial spacers we found 80hp which is crazy. what makes this even better is these engines showed the lowest fuel consumption ever on my dyno. Granted this may not be everyones combo out there but if your running a merlin intake with this carb you can use a 2 inch straight 4 hole spacer with some carb mods performed by us and hang on. by the way just in case you were wondering 72 ft lbs of torque was also a nice addition to go along with the equation. If you OSO guys have any questions on anything you've read here contact me at 1-305-884-5368 or at www.mesabalancing.com
Here are some pics of the Carbs.

Last edited by MESA BALANCING; 07-09-2004 at 07:30 AM.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:24 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 80hp & 72ft Lbs Of Torque Gain By Mesa Balancing Check It Out

Ever do any work with the Victor Jr?
Old 07-09-2004, 08:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cord
Ever do any work with the Victor Jr?
Yes we've done lots of work on the vic jr and found that no matter what the engine size a vic jr will always improve considerably with a 1.5 to 2 inch spacer either straight 4 hole or combo which is the type with 4 holes at the top and open on the bottom. we've found on any give vc jr on any size big blocks anywhere from 15 to 39 hp and 20 to 40 ft lbs with better acceleration and less fuel consumption.Thank you Laz Mesa www.mesabalancing.com
Old 07-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phenolic spacers have been around forever.
In addition to being able to slightly change around the torque/hp range at specific RPM, the air/fuel intake chage temperature is also reduced by lessening the effect of the heat sink properties of the aluminum manifold. Every drag race engine out there uses a phenlic spacer on the sheet metal aluminum manifolds.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
Phenolic spacers have been around forever.
In addition to being able to slightly change around the torque/hp range at specific RPM, the air/fuel intake chage temperature is also reduced by lessening the effect of the heat sink properties of the aluminum manifold. Every drag race engine out there uses a phenlic spacer on the sheet metal aluminum manifolds.
The spacers have always been around but the shape of the new spacers has come along way from the older spacers none of the old spacers i ever used ever yielded the amount of useable power these new pieces are making.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:04 AM
Gold Member

Laz Mesa is the Mac daddy when it comes to fine tunning, in my race boat I idle at 600 rpms with a fat cam and a Dominator. She turns on before I hit the switch, three races so far and the oil preasure throughout the race is at 70 pounds. If you guys need any info on any of his products you can contact me direct at any time for any questions. Albert 305.310.0911
Old 07-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MESA BALANCING
The spacers have always been around but the shape of the new spacers has come along way from the older spacers none of the old spacers i ever used ever yielded the amount of useable power these new pieces are making.
I agree, it's a lot of trial and error, not to mention hours of expensive dyno time!!!
Old 07-09-2004, 12:10 PM
Registered

Maybe the intake was not a good match and it was bouncing the charge off its bottom and now with the spacer it has time to make the turn into the intake runners...or not.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:13 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

how about a stock merc magnum intake with a holley 4150 750 cfm carb??
Old 07-13-2004, 02:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Back4More
Maybe the intake was not a good match and it was bouncing the charge off its bottom and now with the spacer it has time to make the turn into the intake runners...or not.
HEY I HAD LOST TRACK OF THE THREAD AND HAD NOT SEEN YOUR REPLY THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE INTAKE OR THE RUNNERS ITS THE INHERENT DESIGN OF THE INTAKE THEY ALL ARE DIFFERENT AND THEY ALL REQUIRE DIFFERENT WAYS OF REDUCING TURBULENCE IN THE PLENUM THATS WHY ALL THE DIFFERENT SPACER SHAPES THANKS LAZ MESA WWW.MESABALANCING.COM

Quick Reply: 80hp & 72ft Lbs Of Torque Gain By Mesa Balancing Check It Out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.